Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 05-14-2013, 09:24 PM   #1
Cody_B
Cody_B began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle paperwhite
Question Metadata not saving for 1 book

Hey. I'm brand new to Calibre. Today I used it to update the titles for a lot of my books that I have previously downloaded from Amazon to my paperwhite. It worked great for every book, except one. For some reason, when I try to change the title of The Dark Tower V in my library, delete the old one on my kindle and copy the updated one back over, it doesn't save it for that one book. I tried restarting the kindle, downloading a different version of calibre (x64 vs windows), and redownloading the book from Amazon. I haven't had any success. Any ideas would be appreciated!
Cody_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 10:46 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Convert the book to azw3 and send that newly converted file to the kindle.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-14-2013, 10:49 PM   #3
Cody_B

Thanks for the suggestion, I will give it a try!
Old 05-15-2013, 07:28 PM   #4
Cody_B

I tried to convert it to azw3 today, but got the error it was locked by drm. I'm confused why it would save the metadata changes for every legitimately pitches book I changed with the exception of this one. Does anyone have other ideas?