Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 10-19-2012, 02:49 PM   #1
BrianHanifin
BrianHanifin began at the beginning.

Device: Mac, Windows, Android, iPad (iBooks)
EPUB Audio works on Calibre Mac but not Calibre Windows

Can any explain any audio isn't played on the Windows version of Calibre (0.9.3) while it is on the Mac version (0.9.3)? (Update: the audio works in Linux as well, even though it needed me to install a codec) For some reason Calibre on Windows won't even display the audio control.

I have created some simplified test case EPUB books that have one page, with one image, and one audio control below the image. There are hand coded HTML pages, so I can make any changes I need to, I just don't know why this doesn't work.

Or is this a bug that I need to file?

My son is learning Chinese in 1st grade and I am trying to help his teacher get the weekly homework books into EPUB format which is much easier for the kids to use than the current disconnected embedded webpage method.

FYI, these examples also work in iBooks on iPad, and Himawari on Android.

Last edited by BrianHanifin; 10-19-2012 at 07:28 PM. Reason: Added test results for Calibre on Linux.
BrianHanifin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 09:39 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
The calibre viewer has no support for audio/video. That it works in OS X/linux is a happy accident.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-21-2012, 03:08 PM   #3
BrianHanifin
BrianHanifin began at the beginning.

Device: Mac, Windows, Android, iPad (iBooks)
Is there any chance you could support it soon? The EPUB 3.0 spec is already a year old and it is surprisingly difficult to find a reader that supports at least the basic HTML5 AUDIO and VIDEO tags. I am not asking for SMIL and Text Highlighting support.

Is HTML engine on Windows different somehow?
BrianHanifin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 09:32 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
It isn't something I care about personally, patches are welcome.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote