Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 06-18-2012, 05:39 AM   #1
mikaelalind
Fanatic
mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 505, Cybook Odessey
Fading screen

So, I got my Odessey a couple of days ago, and I love it. Yes, it has its quirks, and it will take awhile to get used to the touch screen. I can live with the quirks, though.
Except for one thing. When I use a serif font, the screen get's faded. Intrestingly enough, it doesn't happen when I bold the text, or uses a Sans serif font.

I guess my question is threefold: Is it worth the hassle to return it to Adlibris, and get a new one? Will it get worse later? And how common is it?
mikaelalind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 09:44 AM   #2
AlPe
Digital Amanuensis
AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Several eReaders and tablets
Hi,

I've never experienced such a problem. Are you sure it is not related to the particular ebook / font that you are using? Can you post a picture and/or the ebook?
AlPe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-19-2012, 11:26 AM   #3
mikaelalind
Fanatic
mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'll try to post pictures tomorrow ( need to find the charger), but I experimented with fonts and fontsizes earlier today, and realised that all fonts are faded. It is most obvious with smaller fontsizes, but once you notice it, it is obvious. .
Old 06-19-2012, 11:45 AM   #4
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Do you see "faded" pictures too?
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 12:07 PM   #5
mikaelalind
Fanatic

That's an interesting question, Jellby. None of the books I have read are illustrated, but I'll check with a book that is illustrated later tonight.
Advert
Old 06-19-2012, 09:27 PM   #6
bob123
Addict
bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.

Device: Cybook
Have you tried changing the refresh mode so it flashes every time(instead of the default 10)?
bob123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 02:31 AM   #7
mikaelalind
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob123 View Post
Have you tried changing the refresh mode so it flashes every time(instead of the default 10)?
It already flash at each page. .
Old 06-21-2012, 01:50 PM   #8
Rand Brittain
Bookmaker
Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Opus
I've noticed that the revised hardware version of the Odyssey has a different screen than the original one (it has a pattern of dots behind the screen when you look at it at a sharp angle rather than the diamond pattern of the original).

It seems to handle refreshes slightly differently, as well.
Rand Brittain is offline   Reply With Quote