Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 01-13-2012, 08:50 AM   #1
Senior
Zealot
Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Vox
Catholic

I have been trying to download the app "Catholic One" which is available for Android in many locations but so far I have been unsuccessful as most revert back to the Android store site. Has anyone tried to download this and been successful?
Senior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 09:30 AM   #2
kcarscadden
Zealot
kcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavens

Device: iPad Air 5, Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
Senior,

You could email the developer at ayckasoft@gmail.com and ask him how to get it outside of the market.

Keith
kcarscadden is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-13-2012, 03:08 PM   #3
Senior
Zealot
Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Senior can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcarscadden View Post
Senior,

You could email the developer at ayckasoft@gmail.com and ask him how to get it outside of the market.

Keith
Many thanks, I have sent off the email and we will see what happens
Old 01-14-2012, 10:42 AM   #4
Senior
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senior View Post
Many thanks, I have sent off the email and we will see what happens
OK, I received a reply from the developer and he included an attachment to the email a apk file that I am to load into my Vox. Now, I tried before loading these files into the Vox as when I attach the usb cable I see 3 ports to the Vox E being the Kobo Vox, F being the external SD drve and G being the internal no touch drive. Using the apk files from Jeff's apps thread I downloaded the apx file for Flash and it simply seemed to disappear. I still cannot run YouTube videos. So I am doing something wrong. How do I load this new apx file and have the Vox recognize it? Sounds like a question for Mr Nobody.
Old 01-14-2012, 11:07 AM   #5
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots and lots of electronic gadgets...
If you are using a file manager like Astro, you will find your apk on the drive called "extsd" if you put it on Drive F.
Mr. Nobody deserves some Karma for helping out everyone but I see he's got very little...how about clicking that karma button for him as encouragement?
Cdesja5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-14-2012, 11:51 AM   #6
mr_nobody
Evangelist
mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: kobo mini, nexus 7 (2012), kobo vox
Ha, mr_nobody disdains karma! :P

The easiest route for most people to install random apks seems to be to email them and then retrieve the email on the vox which will allow you to install the apk.

Pretty sure this was covered in detail already in another thread...
mr_nobody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 01:47 PM   #7
Senior
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_nobody View Post
Ha, mr_nobody disdains karma! :P

The easiest route for most people to install random apks seems to be to email them and then retrieve the email on the vox which will allow you to install the apk.

Pretty sure this was covered in detail already in another thread...
Again, many thanks for your help. I tried the email route, and then the usb. By looking at MY COMPUTER on my PC I placed the apx on the internal SD card, went into Vox and using Astro I located the apx, installed and opened it, and there it was the app I was looking for. Almost like I knew what I was doing. The email had my apx there as well but I could not figure out how to move it into my internal card. The goodnews thought it is in and working. Now the only small snag is getting YouTube to work but that is low priority.
Old 01-16-2012, 04:48 PM   #8
oldyellr
Evangelist
oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Kobo Vox, Amazon Fire 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senior View Post
The email had my apx there as well but I could not figure out how to move it into my internal card.
When I've sent myself an apk to my Gmail address and opened the email on the Vox, all I had to do was click on the attachment and it installed.
oldyellr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 06:01 PM   #9
Senior
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldyellr View Post
When I've sent myself an apk to my Gmail address and opened the email on the Vox, all I had to do was click on the attachment and it installed.
Strange, that did not work for me, so I went via usb and all was well