Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 03-23-2012, 03:14 PM   #1
1611mac
eWanderer
1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iMac,iPad3,iPhone5-Kindle Fire,Touch,PaperWhite
css to make all images larger?

Is there a css method I can use to make all photos in an ePub bigger (say 20% bigger)?

The pics DO NOT have a HEIGHT or WIDTH attrib in the xhtml.
1611mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 02:11 PM   #2
mmat1
Berti
mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer Lumiread
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1611mac View Post
Is there a css method I can use to make all photos in an ePub bigger (say 20% bigger)?

The pics DO NOT have a HEIGHT or WIDTH attrib in the xhtml.
Have you ever tried
Code:
img.i500    { height: 500px; }
where i500 is used with a picture of an original height of 400px ( to get roughly your 120% ) ?

Btw. I don't know how to enlarge a picture by a percentage, this seems to be always calculated from "usable space".

Maybe with SVG it is possible. Search the forum for "<svg", there should be lots of samples.
mmat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-24-2012, 02:55 PM   #3
1611mac
eWanderer
1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks for the reply. As mentioned, the pics don't currently have a height or width attrib. and I don't want to calculate and put on every img. (The book has 101 images.) I was hoping for some type of simple "global" method.

As a "cheat" right now I'm specifying an IMG min-width which at least ensures that every image is at least a "set minimum size".
Old 03-24-2012, 05:06 PM   #4
mmat1
Berti
mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer Lumiread
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1611mac View Post
As a "cheat" right now I'm specifying an IMG min-width which at least ensures that every image is at least a "set minimum size".
Yes, this seams to be a good workaround if the Pictures are quite similar in size.

Since nobody ad disagreed, there's probably no "percentage-feature" in css...
mmat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 05:19 PM   #5
1611mac
eWanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmat1 View Post
Yes, this seams to be a good workaround if the Pictures are quite similar in size.

Since nobody ad disagreed, there's probably no "percentage-feature" in css...
There is a percentage but it's relative to screen size (I think) and not pic size. In the css I gave a "min-width" of 120% and pic was bigger than the screen. A "min-width" of 25% ensures the images will at least be 25% of the screen width.
Advert
Old 03-31-2012, 02:18 AM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
You would be best to use Photoshop to enlarge your images and then set it so the images scale such that they do not go beyond the screen as different devices have different resolution and you don't want the images to look good on an iPad yet go off the screen on an iPhone or T1.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote