Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 12-28-2009, 03:31 PM   #1
kevbooks
kevbooks is on a distinguished road

Device: Jetbook jb-5
Frugal $1.00 Jetbook Cover

New guy here. Just received a Jetbook jb-5 for Christmas. It didn't come with a jacket so I went to the local Dollar Tree Dollar store and bought a surprisingly nice 5x7 photo album. Perfect fit, albeit a little thicker than a commercial cover, and I secured the Jetbook with 4 small Velcro tabs. Very serviceable and respectable looking and about thirty bucks cheaper than the alternative. This idea may have been discussed before, but I'm so pleased with the results I thought I'd post a couple of pics. Photo date is incorrect, btw. Cheers, Kev.

kevbooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 12:47 AM   #2
emoorman
Obsessive Reader
emoorman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emoorman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emoorman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emoorman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emoorman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emoorman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emoorman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emoorman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emoorman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emoorman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emoorman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Nokia 1520
Pretty sharp cover! I like it.
emoorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 02:21 AM   #3
poshm
Fanatic
poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, Sony Reader Touch, Ipod touch & Kindle 2
Looks really good and even sweeter that it only cost $1
poshm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 12:15 PM   #4
kevbooks
kevbooks is on a distinguished road

Device: Jetbook jb-5
Thanks! I went back to the dollar store and bought three more in some other colors for my wife and I. Can't beat the price and the OEM vibe.

I'm considering adding a short closing strap and an left side accessory pouch. Will post more (reasonably sized... ) pics, if I do.

Happy New Year : ) kev
kevbooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 03:21 PM   #5
mypolar
Enthusiast
mypolar began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 505 Yeah! Palm Tungesten E2
Nice!
mypolar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 03:58 AM   #6
rickyoon.vegas
rickyoon.vegas began at the beginning.

Device: Jetbook
I did this.
Awesome fit.
rickyoon.vegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 07:26 PM   #7
kirbinster
Enthusiast
kirbinster began at the beginning.

Device: Jetbook Lite
I found a Universal Zip case by Equip at the dollar store today (for $1.00) that is just perfect for the Jetbook Lite. http://www.avenuesinleather.com/products.htm is the link to the companies website, but they don't show the model. Its called AVesku#RA-3700-02, Zip wallet PDA Case. It shows that it is designed for a Palm M100 but it is longer than that device and is just perfect for the Jetbook lite.
kirbinster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 10:35 PM   #8
DJHARKAVY
Addict
DJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Blackberry, jetbook lite
I bought this on ebay

It fit the jetbook profile quite well, and once I cut out a space for the battery case in the back, it was perfect.
DJHARKAVY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 10:42 PM   #9
heffe2001
Zealot
heffe2001 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage 3g
I've got one of those silicon skins for my regular jetbook, but I found the fit wasn't perfect, and it attracted dust and dog hair like crazy, so I pulled it off and just using the screen protector that came with the skin. When I get a little extra $$, I may pick up one of the official jetbook cases, I'd love to find one of the real lite cases that was pictured in another thread (already has the cutout for the battery compartment) for my wife's.
heffe2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 04:13 AM   #10
gr8npwrfl
The Wizard of OZ
gr8npwrfl has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.gr8npwrfl has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.gr8npwrfl has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.gr8npwrfl has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.gr8npwrfl has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Jetbook Ipod Touch Wind Netbook
Silicon Skin

I put one of those on my smartphone and it only took me a week till I discarded it. Like you said nothing but an animal magnet. My cats were always rubbing against it while it was on the charger and it to me more time to clean the hairball than it was worth.

I purchased a gel skin, it was a glorified padded sticker and it protected my phone from drops and scrapes.

I am still waiting for DecalGirl to come out with the skin for the jetbook
gr8npwrfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 08:09 AM   #11
DJHARKAVY
Addict
DJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Blackberry, jetbook lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by heffe2001 View Post
I've got one of those silicon skins for my regular jetbook, but I found the fit wasn't perfect, and it attracted dust and dog hair like crazy, so I pulled it off and just using the screen protector that came with the skin. When I get a little extra $$, I may pick up one of the official jetbook cases, I'd love to find one of the real lite cases that was pictured in another thread (already has the cutout for the battery compartment) for my wife's.
Oddly, my cats haven't really gotten to it much...

But if you find one of the cases designed for the lite, let us know.
DJHARKAVY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 10:28 AM   #12
youssef
youssef began at the beginning.

Device: JBL
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirbinster View Post
I found a Universal Zip case by Equip at the dollar store today (for $1.00) that is just perfect for the Jetbook Lite. http://www.avenuesinleather.com/products.htm is the link to the companies website, but they don't show the model. Its called AVesku#RA-3700-02, Zip wallet PDA Case. It shows that it is designed for a Palm M100 but it is longer than that device and is just perfect for the Jetbook lite.
this one ?
http://cgi.ebay.com/Universal-Zipper...QQcmdZViewItem

which dollar store ?
youssef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 12:20 PM   #13
youssef
youssef began at the beginning.

Device: JBL
these 2 should also work, less than $5 total

http://cgi.ebay.com/Columbia-PDA-Cas...item587d74c46e

http://cgi.ebay.com/Fellowes-Univers...item19b9282020
youssef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 02:04 PM   #14
TheBard
Bifocal Wearer
TheBard juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTheBard juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTheBard juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTheBard juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTheBard juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTheBard juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTheBard juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTheBard juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTheBard juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTheBard juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTheBard juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

Device: Kobo Touch, Aura, Clara ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by youssef View Post
these 2 should also work, less than $5 total

http://cgi.ebay.com/Columbia-PDA-Cas...item587d74c46e

Purchased that one ... almost works.
Although the stated dimensions are correct, the corners are rounded, so the square-cornered JBL does not easily fit in the zippered case.

If you push hard enough, three sides will fit, leaving the top exposed.
TheBard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 09:37 PM   #15
Canuck_in_Japan
Wizard
Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura, Aura H2O, Kindle PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevbooks View Post
New guy here. Just received a Jetbook jb-5 for Christmas. It didn't come with a jacket so I went to the local Dollar Tree Dollar store and bought a surprisingly nice 5x7 photo album. Perfect fit, albeit a little thicker than a commercial cover, and I secured the Jetbook with 4 small Velcro tabs. Very serviceable and respectable looking and about thirty bucks cheaper than the alternative. This idea may have been discussed before, but I'm so pleased with the results I thought I'd post a couple of pics. Photo date is incorrect, btw. Cheers, Kev.
Hey thanks for the tip about the velcro tabs. I found some really nice covers (but for more like $63 than $1-real leather) but for the life of me I couldn't figure out how I would get my Jetbook to affix itself to the cover!! I will check out that option next time I go shopping.
Canuck_in_Japan is offline   Reply With Quote