Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 02-27-2012, 10:34 AM   #16
PF4Mobile
Guru
PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nook Touch, EEE 800 Note, Entourage PE, finally M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by FDD View Post
It does, and also has way better resolution than the screen, it simply lacks support by now, but I'm working on that.

Of course the bundled stylus isn't suitable for artistic artwork, but better ones are available and I'm going to buy one, if I can get the one with the eraser.
Zooming and panning at decent speed, a fluid workflow are essential for sketching
PF4Mobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 04:28 PM   #17
peterx
Connoisseur
peterx will become famous soon enoughpeterx will become famous soon enoughpeterx will become famous soon enoughpeterx will become famous soon enoughpeterx will become famous soon enoughpeterx will become famous soon enough

Device: M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by PF4Mobile View Post
Zooming and panning at decent speed, a fluid workflow are essential for sketching
Ok, if you need fluid zooming and panning _and_ an eink display, I thing you have to wait for at least another ten years. But if you want sketching/scribbling/a decent replacement for real paper, the hardware provided by the M92 is quite good I think.
peterx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 04:39 PM   #18
Mono
Mono
Mono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Boox M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by FDD View Post
It does, and also has way better resolution than the screen, it simply lacks support by now, but I'm working on that.

Of course the bundled stylus isn't suitable for artistic artwork, but better ones are available and I'm going to buy one, if I can get the one with the eraser.
OK, good news.

Is any Wacom pen compatible with M92? Sooner or later I might loose the original one, so it might be handy to have a replacement prepared.
Mono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 05:13 PM   #19
PF4Mobile
Guru
PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterx View Post
Ok, if you need fluid zooming and panning _and_ an eink display, I thing you have to wait for at least another ten years. But if you want sketching/scribbling/a decent replacement for real paper, the hardware provided by the M92 is quite good I think.
This is not decent replacement for paper.
Decent repalcement for paper means more fluid workflow
If you insist to use it this way it't up to you.
By my opinion sketching in the true sense of the word requires panning and zooming, the ability to delete quickly and selectively and so on. Not sure if any of these are decent at least. I am sure panning and zooming is not. I could see that with PDFs and I do know how it works with eee note 800 wich is good, believe me
Old 02-28-2012, 03:02 AM   #20
Mono
Mono
Mono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blue

You are right with respect to eee note 800 etc. It is by far more suitable for zooming, ...

But we speak about direct replacement for ordinary paper. I Havent seen a paper sheet with zoom capabilities, neither fast, nor slow.

Paper does not have capabilities to draw objects like circles, rectangles, ... Just polylines. So, with this in mind, M92 is fully satisfactory, if you do not need colour, and special visual effects (like chalk, etc.). Emulating normal ball-pen works quite fine (to my opinion).
Old 02-28-2012, 03:11 AM   #21
peterx
Connoisseur
peterx will become famous soon enoughpeterx will become famous soon enoughpeterx will become famous soon enoughpeterx will become famous soon enoughpeterx will become famous soon enoughpeterx will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by PF4Mobile View Post
This is not decent replacement for paper.
Decent repalcement for paper means more fluid workflow
If you insist to use it this way it't up to you.
By my opinion sketching in the true sense of the word requires panning and zooming, the ability to delete quickly and selectively and so on. Not sure if any of these are decent at least. I am sure panning and zooming is not. I could see that with PDFs and I do know how it works with eee note 800 wich is good, believe me
I don't see how you can pan and zoom with paper. But putting this aside and getting back to the main point of this thread:

Panning and zooming cannot be done nicely given the speed of the eink display, so I will not implement it (for now).

In which way are you not able to delete quickly in my application? I do not quite understand what you mean by "delete selectively".
Old 02-28-2012, 03:57 AM   #22
Beryll Snyder
Banned
Beryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Device: Nook classic, PB 903, Onyx M92
Quote:
I don't see how you can pan and zoom with paper. But putting this aside and getting back to the main point of this thread:
This is semantics now: think for just one second - why do you have to pan and zoom?
Beryll Snyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 04:05 AM   #23
tuxor
Addict
tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Icarus Illumina E653
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mono View Post
Is any Wacom pen compatible with M92? Sooner or later I might loose the original one, so it might be handy to have a replacement prepared.
Afaik, Booxtor announced this one as being a Wacom pen: http://ereader-store.de/de/zubehor/3...-boox-m92.html
tuxor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 07:40 AM   #24
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mono View Post
OK, good news.

There are lots of compatible pens (http://www.hanvon.com/en/products/co...ucts/pens.html). However, they are not cheap.
Besides of original pen we offer currently just one alternative of them.
There are pens that support up to 1024 pressure levels, programmable swithes, eraser switches. At the moment professional drawing is just not the main function/goal of M92. But I am sure, if the hardware supports it, then sooner or later a good application will be developed/adapted and implemented.
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 08:53 AM   #25
renushan
Enthusiast
renushan began at the beginning.

Device: ONYX BOOX M92
Hi Peterx,

1. Can we have different notebooks in this apps? Like shopping list, to do, diary etc?
2. Can we export a notebook?

RENU.
renushan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 08:55 AM   #26
renushan
Enthusiast
renushan began at the beginning.

Device: ONYX BOOX M92
Hi Booxtor,

In the native scribble application, when I give export command, only the last page is saved, whatever page I am in. Am I doing something wrong, or is this bug?

RENU.
renushan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 10:10 AM   #27
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Originally Posted by renushan View Post
Hi Booxtor,

In the native scribble application, when I give export command, only the last page is saved, whatever page I am in. Am I doing something wrong, or is this bug?

RENU.

The native scribble app is a toy IMHO. There are some issues in that app, but I hope we will get a better app soon, that will replace this toy.
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 10:14 AM   #28
PF4Mobile
Guru

Quote:

Panning and zooming cannot be done nicely given the speed of the eink display, so I will not implement it (for now).

In which way are you not able to delete quickly in my application? I do not quite understand what you mean by "delete selectively".

Pan and zoom is mentioned in the computer or device assisted sketching context. I changed the context from paper to these devices in the next sentence. It was an implicit context
I did not say that your application does not delete quickly. I said what a sketching application must do. Since the device does not allow decent panning and zooming (eInk limitations as you also indicated) this is a dead end for sketching. Sure you can use it for a lighter form of sketching (is that scribbling ? ) ...

Last edited by PF4Mobile; 02-28-2012 at 10:22 AM.
Old 02-28-2012, 10:17 AM   #29
peterx
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by renushan View Post
Hi Peterx,

1. Can we have different notebooks in this apps? Like shopping list, to do, diary etc?
2. Can we export a notebook?

RENU.
1. Sure, it will be file based.
2. No need to export, the file format is the same as the one of xournal. So you can even use xournal to edit your notebooks.
Old 02-28-2012, 01:21 PM   #30
Mono
Mono

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beryll Snyder View Post
This is semantics now: think for just one second - why do you have to pan and zoom?
The point is: If you do not need to pan and zoom on paper (it is impossible anyway), you do not need it in M92 (if you are satisfied with direct replacement for paper functionality).

And so, recent functionality of M92 concerning scribling is satisfactory, if one does not expect better functionality than obtained by means of A5 sheet of paper and ball-pen.