Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 01-25-2015, 10:50 PM   #886
mibtp
Enthusiast
mibtp began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Cloud
Need Help Using Modify ePub - Already Installed - Remove Embedded Fonts

Hi, I already installed this plugin and restarted calibre. But I cannot find any instructions for actually using/running it.

I need to remove the embedded fonts from the epub as Amazon has contacted me and said my ebook has forced fonts that are causing some issues for readers.

How do I run the plugin and remove the embedded fonts?

Thank you in advance.
mibtp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 10:56 PM   #887
mibtp
Enthusiast

Never mind. I right-clicked on the book, then found the option. But when I ran the "remove embedded fonts" it said no changes were made.
Old 01-25-2015, 11:49 PM   #888
BetterRed
null operator
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by mibtp View Post
Hi, I already installed this plugin and restarted calibre. But I cannot find any instructions for actually using/running it.

I need to remove the embedded fonts from the epub as Amazon has contacted me and said my ebook has forced fonts that are causing some issues for readers.

How do I run the plugin and remove the embedded fonts?

Thank you in advance.
@mibtp - did you read this ==>> [GUI Plugin] Modify ePub first post and did you click Help in :

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	24
Size:	79.0 KB
ID:	134206

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 03:40 AM   #889
mibtp
Enthusiast

Yes, that is how I found the plugin, downloaded, installed.
Old 01-26-2015, 03:52 AM   #890
BetterRed
null operator
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Have you looked at the EPUB in the editor, I think that will show you what fonts are embedded

Thought: can you confirm that Amazon is complaining about the EPUB file, I'm no expert at Amazon issues - but I always associate them with MOBI and AZW formats.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 11:07 AM   #891
theducks
Grand Sorcerer
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro, K4NT,Galaxy Tab 2
books with embedded fonts can be scanned for using the Quality Check PI

(the PI can not tell if the fontfile has been sub-setted)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 05:08 PM   #892
mibtp
Enthusiast

Yes I did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
Have you looked at the EPUB in the editor, I think that will show you what fonts are embedded

Thought: can you confirm that Amazon is complaining about the EPUB file, I'm no expert at Amazon issues - but I always associate them with MOBI and AZW formats.

BR
Old 01-26-2015, 05:09 PM   #893
mibtp
Enthusiast

Can you explain what you mean? Instructions?
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
books with embedded fonts can be scanned for using the Quality Check PI

(the PI can not tell if the fontfile has been sub-setted)
Old 01-26-2015, 06:01 PM   #894
theducks
Grand Sorcerer
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro, K4NT,Galaxy Tab 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by mibtp View Post
Can you explain what you mean? Instructions?
Thanks.
You are kidding? Right!
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote