Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 08-11-2010, 01:28 PM   #1
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
The Perfect iPad Stand

I posted this on another forum.
It's a stand I made to add comfort in my use of the iPad.
Here's a picture of it.
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 01:38 PM   #2
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: never enough
is there an ice chest within arms reach?
kjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-12-2010, 12:04 AM   #3
Stefx
Enthusiast
Stefx began at the beginning.

Device: iPad 2
Is this the kind of chair that can help you get up?
Stefx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 04:32 AM   #4
darknessangel
Addict
darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darknessangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, iPad
I don't know how to react. My lazy side says: cool. My active side: lame. However the winner is my stylish side. It looks well constructed and if it's ok for you it's fine. But I don't want something that looks like that on my living room.

GJMS
darknessangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 08:16 AM   #5
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It's in my library...
Advert
Old 08-12-2010, 08:29 AM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
For me, one of the reasons I don't get eye-strain with the iPad is the fact that I hold it like a book, and can easily move it around to maximize my comfort while reading. For me, I suspect that a stand like this would remove that. But it's certainly very ingenious!
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 08:37 AM   #7
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
For me, one of the reasons I don't get eye-strain with the iPad is the fact that I hold it like a book, and can easily move it around to maximize my comfort while reading. For me, I suspect that a stand like this would remove that. But it's certainly very ingenious!
Thank you.

I suffer the same discomforts you do Harry.
When the iPad is not plugged in the charger, it spins freely with a positive click and stop at each 90 degrees and the standing pole lock is slackened so I can push or pull the iPad away from me. This also simplifies getting out of the chair with ease. Writing in this is also a joy...

Last edited by yvanleterrible; 08-12-2010 at 11:03 PM.
Old 08-12-2010, 06:00 PM   #8
Mike_73
Guru
Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.

Device: PRS-505, PRS-600, iPad 16GB Wifi, Kindle Voyage, Nexus 6, Razr HD
I guess I wouldn't use a set up like this either (I either prefer "lazying" on the couch with the iPad or using my laptop on my desk), but still, a good idea to use a microphone stand (or similar). I thought about using my iPad as a replacement for my guitar books (so I would just have used the sheet music stand) but didn't get to that yet. Did you post on instructables, too? I have posted a book-like cover and a wooden box for the iPad. Do we have a DIY-iPad-thread yet?
Mike_73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 06:05 PM   #9
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
I would like it for reading in bed.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 11:46 PM   #10
VictoriaP
Addict
VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2; Kindle Touch; Kindle 2; iPad Mini; iPad1
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
I would like it for reading in bed.
Me too, if it was stable enough. Saw a video of another kind of extension arm stand that looked great...until the guy actually used it. Extended at full reach, it was way too wobbly to be practical.

This looks great, if it works well for you, terrific!
VictoriaP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 09:50 AM   #11
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User

Best is that it's cheap and very easy to make. There are a few cases available now that one could just install at the end with a couple of rivets...