Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 10-23-2012, 11:28 AM   #21316
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
In this case I used Sandisk Rescue Pro 3.0, but there is a newer version available. Easy to use, and works very well. Just point it at the drive and let it do its thing. Then just save what it finds to where ever you chose.

Stitchawl
Thanks, Stitch. I just ordered a disk. Nice to have something like this before it's needed.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 06:28 PM   #21317
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
Thanks, Stitch. I just ordered a disk. Nice to have something like this before it's needed.
It really is. This is only the second time in 10 years that I've needed to use it, but both times would have been a disaster without it!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-24-2012, 06:09 PM   #21318
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
So, I quite like the idea of made to measure shirts, and am lucky enough to be able to afford them (online) at the moment.

I got Mrs Bilbo and the kids to measure me and input the measurements online. At that point, I got a dialogue box saying, more or less, "Are you really that weird shape?". We remeasured, and, yes, I am a weird shape apparently. I wouldn't mind, but I don't think I'm that unusual - shorter and heavier than the norm, yes, but not weird
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 06:47 PM   #21319
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo1967 View Post
So, I quite like the idea of made to measure shirts, and am lucky enough to be able to afford them (online) at the moment.

I got Mrs Bilbo and the kids to measure me and input the measurements online. At that point, I got a dialogue box saying, more or less, "Are you really that weird shape?". We remeasured, and, yes, I am a weird shape apparently. I wouldn't mind, but I don't think I'm that unusual - shorter and heavier than the norm, yes, but not weird
I always had to have my dress shirts made to order. Otherwise, if I bought a shirt that had a collar I could close for a tie, the sleeves hung down past my fingers and the waist had enough extra material for two people to fit inside. Open neck Sport shirts were no problem. But when I moved to Thailand I found a little tailor who worked out of a back alley garage with a foot-pedal sewing machine, who charged me 200 Baht to make a shirt if I brought the cloth. I'd buy the material, bring it to him, and he'd have the shirt ready in two days. At Thai prices, total cost was about $10 a shirt, custom made, so these days all my summer shirts come from his workshop!

Stitchawl
Old 10-25-2012, 05:48 AM   #21320
Stitchawl
Opsimath

It's ugly! No other word for it. Ugly. Today was a bright sunny, breezy day so everybody hung their bedding over their verandas. Building after building, house after house, and thousands of futons hanging over thousands of verandas. Ugly.

I guess different cultures see with different eyes. Where I grew up, people didn't hang their laundry on their balconies. Here, it's the norm. Yes, they do sell washer/driers, but most people prefer to dry their laundry on poles (not clotheslines) across their verandas. But bedding always goes over the veranda railings, never on the poles.
Ugly.

Stitchawl
Advert
Old 10-25-2012, 11:23 AM   #21321
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
It's ugly! No other word for it. Ugly. Today was a bright sunny, breezy day so everybody hung their bedding over their verandas. Building after building, house after house, and thousands of futons hanging over thousands of verandas. Ugly.

I guess different cultures see with different eyes. Where I grew up, people didn't hang their laundry on their balconies. Here, it's the norm. Yes, they do sell washer/driers, but most people prefer to dry their laundry on poles (not clotheslines) across their verandas. But bedding always goes over the veranda railings, never on the poles.
Ugly.

Stitchawl
Shhhhhhh! I've almost got my wife trained to look on the floor behind the bedroom door for my dirty clothes when she washes!
Old 10-25-2012, 11:26 AM   #21322
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
^You'd be getting a whoopin' in my household.
HomeInMyShoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 11:28 AM   #21323
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

Robots always think they're so dammed efficient and tidy!
Old 10-25-2012, 11:35 AM   #21324
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I'm only as tidy as my obsessive-compulsive AI coder.
HomeInMyShoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 02:40 PM   #21325
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Shhhhhhh! I've almost got my wife trained to look on the floor behind the bedroom door for my dirty clothes when she washes!
That never worked on me. I just didn't wash anything that wasn't in the laundry basket. A few weeks of dirty clothes not being washed, that were not in the basket, solved the problem.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 03:35 PM   #21326
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Hubby does his own laundry. Even with three hampers his dirty clothes end up on the floor. The clean ones are inthe hampers in the laundry room.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 03:41 PM   #21327
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

Actually, today I washed my own clothes while the wife was at work. They're in the dryer now.
Old 10-25-2012, 03:44 PM   #21328
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Since my wife started work at the weekends, late shift, I now wash, dry and iron our clothes. Aren't I a good boy?
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 04:20 PM   #21329
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Yes you are.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 04:26 PM   #21330
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Actually, today I washed my own clothes while the wife was at work. They're in the dryer now.
We are witnessing the start of a new life-long habit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
Since my wife started work at the weekends, late shift, I now wash, dry and iron our clothes. Aren't I a good boy?
I agree with ProfCrash, "Yes, you are."
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
creepy crawlers!, dell computers, monteverdi, thread that never ends, tubery, unutterable silliness