Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-22-2011, 10:48 AM   #31
kindlews
kindlews knows what's going on.kindlews knows what's going on.kindlews knows what's going on.kindlews knows what's going on.kindlews knows what's going on.kindlews knows what's going on.kindlews knows what's going on.kindlews knows what's going on.kindlews knows what's going on.kindlews knows what's going on.kindlews knows what's going on.

Device: kindle3
Hello all,

we would like to announce that we have released a new version of our service on Monday. This was primary bug fixies release. And we have added some new features as well (eg. caching of search results). And probably most important - we are getting social. This means that you can get in touch with Kindle Weather Station either on facebook or follow us on twitter.

On twitter we publish regularly what's going on regarding the service status and planned releases.

On facebook we would like to meet with our users to get their opinion and feedback so we can improve our service. Thus please let us know what do you think.

Looking forward to meet you

kindlews
kindlews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 12:34 AM   #32
daletsteele
Enthusiast
daletsteele began at the beginning.

Device: iPad Pro 9.7", iPhone 10, iMac, Kindle Paperwhite
Weather Content does fit on my Touch Screen

I'm registered and have it up on my Kindle Touch. The content is not fitting on my screen due to very large font size that I can't seem to control. This make it hard to navigate to the functions at the bottom of the app. I registered on my laptop and then entered the URL on my Kindle & logged in. Afterwards I downloaded a free sample of the e-book version on my Kindle and now I can launch the app directly from my home screen. I look forward to further development with this app.

Dale
daletsteele is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-28-2011, 03:05 AM   #33
kindlews
kindlews knows what's going on.kindlews knows what's going on.kindlews knows what's going on.kindlews knows what's going on.kindlews knows what's going on.kindlews knows what's going on.kindlews knows what's going on.kindlews knows what's going on.kindlews knows what's going on.kindlews knows what's going on.kindlews knows what's going on.

Yes we don't support Kindle Touch yet, but we are working hard to introduce full support for this device within days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daletsteele View Post
I'm registered and have it up on my Kindle Touch. The content is not fitting on my screen due to very large font size that I can't seem to control. This make it hard to navigate to the functions at the bottom of the app. I registered on my laptop and then entered the URL on my Kindle & logged in. Afterwards I downloaded a free sample of the e-book version on my Kindle and now I can launch the app directly from my home screen. I look forward to further development with this app.

Dale
Old 12-30-2011, 03:51 PM   #34
kindlews

Kindle Touch support

Dear all,

we are proudly announcing that we have added support for Kindle Touch users. Additionally we have fixed some issues regarding desktop browsers.

Happy New Year!
Old 12-30-2011, 08:02 PM   #35
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
I hadn't noticed this before... pretty cool! Thank you!
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-01-2012, 11:46 AM   #36
JohnnyBook
Groupie
JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.JohnnyBook holds these truths to be self-evident.

Device: K3 W/3G (Fixed screen!) & Paperwhite Wifi
99% of the time my kindle is in Landscape mode. (Screen Rotation 90 degrees)

Viewing your weather data the page cuts off just below the date.

Maybe you can make a tweak, or setting to show info in Landscape mode.

Also Wind speed and direction would be nice on the current forecast.
JohnnyBook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 12:22 PM   #37
kindlews

Thank you for your feedback JohnnyBook. We plan to display wind speed and direction in next release. At the moment we support only the "portrait" mode however we have already considered also the "landscape" mode and it might get included in our future releases.

kindlews

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBook View Post
99% of the time my kindle is in Landscape mode. (Screen Rotation 90 degrees)

Viewing your weather data the page cuts off just below the date.

Maybe you can make a tweak, or setting to show info in Landscape mode.

Old 02-15-2012, 09:23 AM   #38
kindlews

Wind speed and directions

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBook View Post

Dear JohnnyBook,

since few weeks we already display wind speed and directions.
Old 02-15-2012, 09:25 AM   #39
kindlews

Discount vouchers to grab

Dear all,

Kindle Weather Station is no more in BETA mode. This means that after registration user has 14 days TRIAL premium account. See http://kindlews.com/desktop/payment/buy/ for pricing options to keep the premium service.

We have decided to give out limited number of 50% discount vouchers for users of www.mobileread.com
You can grab your voucher at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...VYwN3BEY1FadlE

Enjoy.

Tags
clock, forecast, kindle, weather