Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 01-27-2011, 10:32 AM   #1
clarkcz
clarkcz began at the beginning.

Device: Irex dr1000s
Unhappy Help, Dr800 flipbar not working well turning left

just got a used Dr800sg from ebay and I sadly found it's flip bar is not working well when turning left. When I turn it left, sometimes it works, more than often it doesn't while turning right is working perfectly.
Is there any suggestion? should I open it and try to repair it? How risky is it?

I think I can return it, but I want to fix it before I return it. Any suggestion? Thanks a lot
clarkcz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 11:31 AM   #2
TGS
Country Member
TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Liseuse: Irex DR800. PRS 505 in the house, and the missus has an iPad.
The flip-bar switch is near the bottom of the bar so sometimes flipping near the top of the bar doesn't work. You could try getting your finger nails under the bar near the bottom and pulling it out a bit, then trying to re-seat it - BE CAREFUL - I'm not suggesting pulling the bar all the way out, just easing it up a bit then pushing it back down; I had to do that once and it seemed to work.
TGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-28-2011, 11:34 AM   #3
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
It also seems a bit more picky about how you flip it when going left than right. Play around with different areas of the bar. I notice with mine that if I sometimes hit it in a different spot, it doesn't respond. Just takes a bit of getting used to, but once you do it's fairly reliable.

As TGS mentions, the bottom of the bar seems to work better than the top.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote