Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 12-22-2011, 09:38 PM   #16
JoeyBlaze
Enthusiast
JoeyBlaze began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
I figured it would be easy enough to find the folder, but it's not showing up. The users folder brings up "default" and "public" neither of which have the folder I created called Fire apps. Very weird. It seems to work fine when connect with a USB cord though so I'll just stick With that. Appreciate everyone's help though! Great community here.
JoeyBlaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 09:42 PM   #17
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPhone, Kindle Fire HD 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyBlaze View Post
I figured it would be easy enough to find the folder, but it's not showing up. The users folder brings up "default" and "public" neither of which have the folder I created called Fire apps. Very weird. It seems to work fine when connect with a USB cord though so I'll just stick With that. Appreciate everyone's help though! Great community here.
Did you try the other folders.

Carol
sadievan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 09:44 PM   #18
JoeyBlaze
Enthusiast

Yup, I tried all the folders. No luck .
Old 12-22-2011, 10:34 PM   #19
hn333
Addict
hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Hey all,
I'm trying to side load some apps wirelessly using ES file explorer. I followed the instructions in the sticky and have gotten to the point where I put in my username and password in the file explorer. I see the icon for my PC, but when I tap it, I get an error saying "network path not found or timed out, try again"

Any idea what I can do to fix this? I don't have any firewalls or anything so not sure why I'm getting this error. Any help would be appreciated.
I have the same problem. It finds the network and after a few minutes it's gone. Still looking for something better.
hn333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 10:42 PM   #20
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
Quote:
You have to Share out the Fire Apps folder in order to access it with ES File Explorer. The best thing to do is create a folder called Fire Apps in the root directory of any drive on your PC (e.g. C:\Fire Apps) and Share out that folder. Also, check out post # 13 for an alternate method to transfer files to your Fire using wireless.
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 01:37 AM   #21
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Just put the folder in your public folder then it will work. This is what I do. Sharing Files on Vista can be wonky if you try to add a custom folder so I just stick to the public folder which is shared by default.

Once you do that while in ES File Explorer hit Public folder and you will see your Folder.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 01:22 PM   #22
JoeyBlaze
Enthusiast

Guys, it worked!!!!! Thank you all so much for the help. I couldn't have done it without all of you!!!!! I'm gonna be a wireless sideloading fool!!
Old 12-23-2011, 06:29 PM   #23
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Guys, it worked!!!!! Thank you all so much for the help. I couldn't have done it without all of you!!!!! I'm gonna be a wireless sideloading fool!!

Good deal. I knew you could get it to work once you stuck with it. The nice thing is while it was frustrating at the time, by experiencing all the problems you actually learn and understand the process. Plus, once you transfer files enough times it will become second nature. BTW, I still recommend you try post # 13 in this thread for another good way to transfer files wireless from your PC to your Fire.
Old 12-28-2011, 02:24 AM   #24
Kismatt
lowly peon
Kismatt began at the beginning.

Device: Galaxy A7, Win10 Tab, Paperwhite (7th Gen), Paperwhite (10th Gen)
Having a slightly different issue with the ES File Explorer.

When I attempt to do a scan, it thinks about it for a minute (scanning, scanning) and then boots me out of the program, back to whatever screen I was on to access the app.

If I try to directly add a server,it either says it can't find the server or it tells me the SMB:////compname/Kindlestuff times out. I have tried my computer name, my IP address, with password, without password, anonymous, forward slashes, backward slashes, no slashes, everything.

I'm about to tear out my hair.

I've also tried the other program, and it provides the IP and path for the KF, but the PC can't access it, and the list below the Network Name ("Servicing") just spins as it tries to load.

I have a USB cable I can use, but I'd like to use the WiFi!! Arrrgggh.
Kismatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 02:46 PM   #25
obsessed2
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kismatt View Post

When I attempt to do a scan, it thinks about it for a minute (scanning, scanning) and then boots me out of the program, back to whatever screen I was on to access the app.

Does your PC show up at all when scanning with ES File Explorer? As soon as it pops in you can use the Back Arrow from the Options Bar to end the Scan. If it is not showing up, verify the settings in post # 10 of this thread assuming you have a Windows PC. Also, if you have a Firewall or Internet Security Suite you need to make sure the Trust Level is set to Share. For example in Norton 2011, under Network Security click on Network Security Map, Edit Network Details, and Edit the Trust Level to Shared. Other Security Suites will obviously be different but similar.
Old 12-28-2011, 02:48 PM   #26
hn333
Addict
hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:

If I try to directly add a server,it either says it can't find the server or it tells me the SMB:////compname/Kindlestuff times out. I have tried my computer name, my IP address, with password, without password, anonymous, forward slashes, backward slashes, no slashes, everything.

I'm about to tear out my hair.

I've also tried the other program, and it provides the IP and path for the KF, but the PC can't access it, and the list below the Network Name ("Servicing") just spins as it tries to load.

I have a USB cable I can use, but I'd like to use the WiFi!! Arrrgggh.
I've had the same problem, I uninstalled it and then installed it again. No problems as of late. There's an update but it isn't on the Amazon app store yet.
Old 12-29-2011, 04:36 AM   #27
Kismatt
lowly peon
Kismatt began at the beginning.

Device: Galaxy A7, Win10 Tab, Paperwhite (7th Gen), Paperwhite (10th Gen)
We have a winner! Uninstalling and reinstalling it did the trick. Thank you thank you!!
Kismatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 05:24 PM   #28
hn333
Addict

Quote:
We have a winner! Uninstalling and reinstalling it did the trick. Thank you thank you!!
Cool, glad I could help.
Old 03-05-2012, 02:00 PM   #29
sheygetz
Connoisseur
sheygetz is less competitive than you.sheygetz is less competitive than you.sheygetz is less competitive than you.sheygetz is less competitive than you.sheygetz is less competitive than you.sheygetz is less competitive than you.sheygetz is less competitive than you.sheygetz is less competitive than you.sheygetz is less competitive than you.sheygetz is less competitive than you.sheygetz is less competitive than you.

Device: KPW G2 , 10" tablet
Disconnecting Server?

I thought I'd add my ES File Explorer question here on a similar topic:

After I'm done fiddling about on my pc via Android, how do I disconnect from it? Is there any need too? Or do I just exit ESFE and shut down the wifi? I am somehow worried about security issues, like someone "listening in" on a standing connection etc., probably very android, err, paranoid, but ...

Hendrik
sheygetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 03:07 PM   #30
hn333
Addict

Quote:
Hey all,
I'm trying to side load some apps wirelessly using ES file explorer. I followed the instructions in the sticky and have gotten to the point where I put in my username and password in the file explorer. I see the icon for my PC, but when I tap it, I get an error saying "network path not found or timed out, try again"

Any idea what I can do to fix this? I don't have any firewalls or anything so not sure why I'm getting this error. Any help would be appreciated.
I ditched ES File for AndroXplorer. ES file explorer has too many bugs.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...=UTF8&v=glance