Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 01-04-2012, 06:31 PM   #16
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtanis View Post
Thank rkomar for implementing that feature. It works great for me. I found a tiny bug, but I think the problem lies in the firmware. When the zoom keyboard is opened and you use the direction keys (not the stylus) to move to the keyboard to select a certain button, the cursor disappears but no button is selected. You need to press the left direction key several times to gain access to the keyboard. After that it works normally.
I don't have a touchscreen device, so I can't even reproduce this. It sounds like a problem with the focus not automatically going to the numeric keyboard from the menu. Does that make sense? Is the menu still around when the keyboard comes up?
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 06:58 PM   #17
dtanis
Enthusiast
dtanis has much to be proud ofdtanis has much to be proud ofdtanis has much to be proud ofdtanis has much to be proud ofdtanis has much to be proud ofdtanis has much to be proud ofdtanis has much to be proud ofdtanis has much to be proud ofdtanis has much to be proud ofdtanis has much to be proud ofdtanis has much to be proud of

Device: PocketBook Pro 912
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkomar View Post
I don't have a touchscreen device, so I can't even reproduce this. It sounds like a problem with the focus not automatically going to the numeric keyboard from the menu. Does that make sense? Is the menu still around when the keyboard comes up?
No the focus is going to the keyboard (menu disappears) because the current number is selected and when I press leff the selection is gone and the cursor appears. But to gain access to the buttons I have to press down and then 2 times left to get to the close-button. From there I can select the keyboard normally by using the directional keys. I found another place (proxy conf bluetooth) where this numeric keyboard is also used. It has the same bug, so the problem lies in firmware 2.05. I will check if this problem still occurs in the latest firmware. Thanks for the quick reply.
dtanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 09:08 PM   #18
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtanis View Post
No the focus is going to the keyboard (menu disappears) because the current number is selected and when I press leff the selection is gone and the cursor appears. But to gain access to the buttons I have to press down and then 2 times left to get to the close-button. From there I can select the keyboard normally by using the directional keys. I found another place (proxy conf bluetooth) where this numeric keyboard is also used. It has the same bug, so the problem lies in firmware 2.05. I will check if this problem still occurs in the latest firmware. Thanks for the quick reply.
That does sound like a firmware bug. I can't think of anything in the code that would cause that. Just out of curiousity, I'm going to attach a version of the program that starts the keyboard in KBD_NOSELECT mode. I'm curious to know if that works better for you.
Attached Files
File Type: zip pbimageviewer.zip (19.1 KB, 783 views)
Old 01-05-2012, 10:14 AM   #19
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
@paola:
It looks like the directory structure has changed then in recent firmware versions, because when I open "Book" in my selector, it takes me to the "/mnt/ext1/" directory (I'm still using 2.0.4). I don't have either of the "Books" or "screens" directories. Oh well.

There is a long shot of producing PDF files on a device, but it would mean porting NetPBM and libtiff programs. If you can convert the images to TIFF format, then you can combine them into a single multi-page TIFF file using tiffcp, and then convert that to a PDF file using tiff2pdf. I suspect building those for the PocketBook devices wouldn't be hard. However, I don't know how to combine the PNG and SVG files into a single TIFF image (maybe using pngtopam, svgtopam, and then pamcomp to overlay them). With my non-touchscreen device and older firmware, I can't reproduce such notes myself to play around with.
Hey Rob, no problem at all, as I said I can still find a feasible workaround - and perhaps it may be that teh guys at Pocketbook themselves migth feel the pressure from Onyx
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 11:39 AM   #20
J.C.
Addict
J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: ONYX BOOX Note Air3 C
The screens directory is created when you take a screen shot if it didn't exist.
The Books directory probably was created when a book was copied from a directory called Books on the sd card to the main memory.
J.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 06:35 PM   #21
dtanis
Enthusiast
dtanis has much to be proud ofdtanis has much to be proud ofdtanis has much to be proud ofdtanis has much to be proud ofdtanis has much to be proud ofdtanis has much to be proud ofdtanis has much to be proud ofdtanis has much to be proud ofdtanis has much to be proud ofdtanis has much to be proud ofdtanis has much to be proud of

Quote:
That does sound like a firmware bug. I can't think of anything in the code that would cause that. Just out of curiousity, I'm going to attach a version of the program that starts the keyboard in KBD_NOSELECT mode. I'm curious to know if that works better for you.
Tried it. The problem still occurs. When I now click on the customize option the keyboard opens, the cursor appears with the current value unselected (as it should be), but I have to move down and move two times left to gain access to the keyboard. So it's definitively a Firmware issue.

Are there any people on this forum with Firmware 2.1.2 and a stylus device which could test if they have the same problem with the numeric keyboard?
Old 01-19-2012, 12:06 PM   #22
Jean Rouanet
Jean Rouanet began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket 602
Edit a CFG file ???

Hello rkomar, hello everybody

Tried program today. But it didn't work, I ve got the nice application working
to read jpegs but not cbr, cbz (zip-rar) files as I didnt know how to manage to
edit cfg files. I tried to save txt file as cfg file but it didn't worK.
Could you pls help me ? Krgds JEAN

Jean Rouanet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 03:55 PM   #23
rkomar
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean Rouanet View Post
Hello rkomar, hello everybody

Tried program today. But it didn't work, I ve got the nice application working
to read jpegs but not cbr, cbz (zip-rar) files as I didnt know how to manage to
edit cfg files. I tried to save txt file as cfg file but it didn't worK.
Could you pls help me ? Krgds JEAN

You should just be able to cut and paste those lines at the end of the README.txt file into the system/config/extensions.cfg file within the device's internal drive. Don't leave any spaces at the beginning or end of each line. I don't think it matters what text editor you use (can any Windows users verify this?).

Edit: I attached my copy of the config file here, but I had to change the name (MobileRead does not allow .cfg files to be uploaded). Copy this file to system/config/extensions.cfg on the internal drive of your reader.
Attached Files
File Type: txt extensions.txt (395 Bytes, 773 views)

Last edited by rkomar; 01-19-2012 at 04:26 PM. Reason: Editted out wrong info on end-of-line characters.
Old 01-19-2012, 05:43 PM   #24
Jean Rouanet

Hi Rkomar,

Thanks you very much for your help. But alas it didn't work.
Dont know why ? : I ve got unrar unzip in Bin, pbimageviewer.app in applications and your file ( saved as CFG ) in config.
Now its late here , I will relook at it twomorrow.
I m gonna take my 902 and read it

Krgds
Jean
Old 01-20-2012, 04:46 PM   #25
Jean Rouanet

Fantastic it s working now.

I simply put the app in the app file instead of bin !
Still a BIG thanks Have a nice week-end brgds Jean !!
Old 01-21-2012, 03:42 AM   #26
Jean Rouanet

Opening CBR/CBZ rar zip files

Hi,

My feedback re opening CBR/CBZ rar zip files : some open without problems others display an error message : The unpacking fail etc. Is seems that it is a questions of size, no more than 25 000 ko supported ? A question of name : is file name support no more than x letters and no special letter as é à etc

Pls kindly adv
Krgds/Jean
Old 01-22-2012, 01:52 AM   #27
rkomar
Wizard

Quote:
Hi,

My feedback re opening CBR/CBZ rar zip files : some open without problems others display an error message : The unpacking fail etc. Is seems that it is a questions of size, no more than 25 000 ko supported ? A question of name : is file name support no more than x letters and no special letter as é à etc

Pls kindly adv
Krgds/Jean
The archive files are opened under the same directory that they are stored in. There has to be room to extract all of the image files at once, or else there will be an error. I'm not sure if special letters are a problem, but I doubt it as the program was originally written by a Ukrainian/Russian programmer (sorry, I can't tell which). The program does not handle all types of images, only JPG, PNG and BMP. If the images are GIF, for example, then nothing will be displayed.

Can you make a small example of a ZIP/RAR file with file names that give problems and post it? I can use it to debug the problem.
Old 01-22-2012, 10:33 AM   #28
Jean Rouanet

Archives

Hi,

Thanks for all your accuracy ! My files were stored in different directories.
SD cart was full without enough room and some files were GIF !!
Think it must work fine now !!
thanks xxx rgds Jean
Old 01-22-2012, 12:54 PM   #29
rkomar
Wizard

Quote:
Hi,

Thanks for all your accuracy ! My files were stored in different directories.
SD cart was full without enough room and some files were GIF !!
Think it must work fine now !!
thanks xxx rgds Jean
Thanks for the feedback, Jean. Support for more image types (GIF and TIFF), and for unzipping one image at a time (to take up less disk space and start up more quickly) has been in the plans, but it is a matter of time for me and the original programmer. It will get done, but I'm not sure when.
Old 01-23-2012, 05:56 PM   #30
dtanis
Enthusiast

Hello rkomar,

Quote:
Hi,
I can confirm that special characters in filenames give also problems with unpacking. I uploaded a file at http://www.theochem.ru.nl/~dtanis/fi...Schilderij.cbr which give unpack problems because filenames contains a greek char beta. The problem lies in the unrar executable. When I extract the file manually I get the error: Cannot create 00 <square char>ou.jpg. I hope you are able to fix this problem otherwise I have to rename all the jpeg's of these of albums.