Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 07-04-2011, 07:01 PM   #76
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Speaking of the typos, David, how's the crowd source editing going? Looking for PMs from you!

Oh, Akuma, it's RACHEL...not Raquel...
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 07:34 PM   #77
AkumaTakeshi
Lounge Lurker
AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi (Screen Broken)
Lol, sorry about that, don't know why she made me remind of a girl named Raquel and as the names are similar I misplaced them going to edit. It's one of my problems, remembering names and dates, hopefully I will overcome a bit of that problem as I will be reading more than I ever read.

Too bad I didn't noticed you were doing those crowd source, I would have write down the location of the typos I came across.

Last edited by AkumaTakeshi; 07-04-2011 at 07:39 PM.
AkumaTakeshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 08:40 PM   #78
Freeshadow
temp. out of service
Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB 623
diorama is kind of a prologue story - just go and read it
Freeshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 09:06 PM   #79
ApK
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeshadow View Post
diorama is kind of a prologue story - just go and read it
It's "Military Diorama" if you're searching by title. I've been meaning to read that myself.
Old 07-05-2011, 03:59 AM   #80
AkumaTakeshi
Lounge Lurker
AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It's a short story so maybe I'll even read it at lunch break

Spoiler:
Well I just can't remember one thing, I think that almost all the Angels acronyms were revealed but I just can't remember the Rachel one being revealed, if I'm not mistaken that was the one that John didn't had a chance to read because it was the last book on the shelve. Or maybe I missed something.

Only read the above spoiler if you already read the book or you don't mind to see a little spoiler.

Last edited by AkumaTakeshi; 07-05-2011 at 10:10 AM. Reason: sorry, edited the post to include spoiler
Old 07-05-2011, 09:13 AM   #81
ApK

Approaching spoiler territory there....
Old 07-05-2011, 09:37 AM   #82
AkumaTakeshi
Lounge Lurker

Spoiler:
As it seems the Rachel acronym was really omitted, I'm so curious about that one

Well I'm off to write the reviews

Last edited by AkumaTakeshi; 07-05-2011 at 10:12 AM.
Old 07-07-2011, 06:04 AM   #83
DavidKitson
Mobile Story Author
DavidKitson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidKitson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidKitson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidKitson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidKitson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidKitson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidKitson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidKitson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidKitson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidKitson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidKitson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Fujitsu P1510 ( Old & Clunky! )
Hi All,

Sorry I've been gone a while - Work and home life lately have been a little on the overwhelming side.

Yes, Military Diorama is directly in the Turing Evolved series. Just in case it's not clear, Peter Roberts is in both of them. Other characters are likely to re-appear from MD in Titanium Skin also.

Military Diorama is set 28 years before the events of Turing Evolved and it explains how Peter got involved in the project. The way I wrote it, it's easier to read Military Diorama *after* the events of Turing evolved, though it doesn't make a lot of difference.

Titanium Skin is set 6 years after Turing Evolved but I won't say more there about the story yet, except that it's a direct follow-on from TE and there's a few more combat scenes in it. I'm still on First Draft though, so to be honest, it's at least a year away. I will aim to have it complete and released by Easter 2012 but no promises.

APK- Yes, I have the First Revision Edition - I'll send you a PM this weekend if that's OK.

David
DavidKitson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 02:03 AM   #84
DavidKitson
Mobile Story Author
DavidKitson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidKitson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidKitson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidKitson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidKitson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidKitson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidKitson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidKitson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidKitson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidKitson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidKitson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Fujitsu P1510 ( Old & Clunky! )
Quote:
Originally Posted by AkumaTakeshi View Post
It's a short story so maybe I'll even read it at lunch break

Spoiler:
Well I just can't remember one thing, I think that almost all the Angels acronyms were revealed but I just can't remember the Rachel one being revealed, if I'm not mistaken that was the one that John didn't had a chance to read because it was the last book on the shelve. Or maybe I missed something.

Only read the above spoiler if you already read the book or you don't mind to see a little spoiler.
Almost forgot about this, sorry...

Spoiler:

Yes, that is correct. All of the Angel's names are acronyms, with one exception when the ANGEL chose a different name for itself. Each of their functions echo's a military research project component of Project ARCHANGEL.

However, even though the ANGEL's themselves are non-combatants, two of them are a little closer to the line than the others. Like the ARCHANGELS, they too share the COMBAT HIERARCHY meaning they are intended to research actual combat scenarios. Needless to say, this is reflected by CH in their names.

One of them was asked to "Find her honor" after killing someone. That's a sad tale in itself and parts of that will come out in Titanium Skin.

Peter's personal office is a reflection of his own notes on Project ANGEL and is a hierarchical representation of the project components. Jon saw Michelle's ( Rachel's direct sister ) documentation and realizes the connection. He never got a chance to read Rachel's detail, but when he learns that STACI is a Semi Tactical Archangel Control Interface, he realizes the truth about all of the projects and confronts LAURA (itself another acronym ) about this. LAURA has had several names, BTW... LARA is mentioned in TE and LANA is mentioned in Artificial Dreams ( unpublished ).

Finally, the other piece missing from this puzzle. There were 21 Military ANGEL candidates. Only twenty were converted. What happened to the twenty first was not discussed either.

So you remember correctly. Rachel's name was not disclosed, but the CHEL would be the same as her sister.

Don't read that unless you've read TURING EVOLVED but it answers your question in a roundabout manner.

David.
DavidKitson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 03:58 AM   #85
AkumaTakeshi
Lounge Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidKitson View Post
Almost forgot about this, sorry...

Spoiler:

Yes, that is correct. All of the Angel's names are acronyms, with one exception when the ANGEL chose a different name for itself. Each of their functions echo's a military research project component of Project ARCHANGEL.

However, even though the ANGEL's themselves are non-combatants, two of them are a little closer to the line than the others. Like the ARCHANGELS, they too share the COMBAT HIERARCHY meaning they are intended to research actual combat scenarios. Needless to say, this is reflected by CH in their names.

One of them was asked to "Find her honor" after killing someone. That's a sad tale in itself and parts of that will come out in Titanium Skin.

Peter's personal office is a reflection of his own notes on Project ANGEL and is a hierarchical representation of the project components. Jon saw Michelle's ( Rachel's direct sister ) documentation and realizes the connection. He never got a chance to read Rachel's detail, but when he learns that STACI is a Semi Tactical Archangel Control Interface, he realizes the truth about all of the projects and confronts LAURA (itself another acronym ) about this. LAURA has had several names, BTW... LARA is mentioned in TE and LANA is mentioned in Artificial Dreams ( unpublished ).

Finally, the other piece missing from this puzzle. There were 21 Military ANGEL candidates. Only twenty were converted. What happened to the twenty first was not discussed either.

So you remember correctly. Rachel's name was not disclosed, but the CHEL would be the same as her sister.

Don't read that unless you've read TURING EVOLVED but it answers your question in a roundabout manner.

David.
Thanks for the answer
Old 07-12-2011, 05:07 AM   #86
TheSFReader
Groupie
TheSFReader is just really niceTheSFReader is just really niceTheSFReader is just really niceTheSFReader is just really niceTheSFReader is just really niceTheSFReader is just really niceTheSFReader is just really niceTheSFReader is just really niceTheSFReader is just really niceTheSFReader is just really niceTheSFReader is just really nice

Device: Nook
Waiting ...

Hi David,
I'm one of those readers waiting for the official edited version.
I've read Turing Evolved and as many have found many typos/errors etc. It didn't stop me from completing my read though, and I've found it a really good book.
(I mentioned it on my blog http://readingandraytracing.blogspot...mong-crap.html)
I must say that now I am waiting for the revised version before doing 2 things :
- taking the opportunity to give back on the "shareware" monetary side of things,
- posting reviews on the major ebooks retailers

Will wait for Titanium Skin too
TheSFReader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 09:37 AM   #87
ApK

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidKitson View Post

APK- Yes, I have the First Revision Edition - I'll send you a PM this weekend if that's OK.

David
Looking forward to it. I might actually have time to do something with it this weekend, too.

SFReader, I understand waiting for the revision, but don't wait for Titanium Skin if it's a year out!!
Old 10-24-2011, 08:28 AM   #88
TheSFReader
Groupie
TheSFReader is just really niceTheSFReader is just really niceTheSFReader is just really niceTheSFReader is just really niceTheSFReader is just really niceTheSFReader is just really niceTheSFReader is just really niceTheSFReader is just really niceTheSFReader is just really niceTheSFReader is just really niceTheSFReader is just really nice

Device: Nook
Hi, any news on the update ??
TheSFReader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 08:47 AM   #89
Rob Lister
Fanatic
Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Quote:
Tears are cold too, even if they’re not frozen.
ok. worthy. i'd read it.
Rob Lister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 04:44 PM   #90
Spock96
Book Geek.
Spock96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spock96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spock96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spock96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spock96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spock96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spock96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spock96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spock96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spock96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spock96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G
David,
First off I would like to say. Great Job on this book! I was referred to it and downloaded it. I didn't know if I was going to like it at first but you just blew me away with how in-depth you made the characters and the plot twist at the very end was a bit confusing but it was just...WOW! It kept me up till 5am the other night. Now this book is one of my all-time favorites. I have also read Military Diorama, hoped for a bit more info about how it all began but you can be limited with a short story.

I would love if you could right another one in this series. You sir are an amazing story-teller! It's been ALONG time since I got so absorbed into a book like this one did. I'd give it a 100 out of 5.
Best of luck in your future endeavors!
Spock96
Spock96 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
androids, artificial intelligence, asimov style, love story, science fiction, twist