Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 08-11-2013, 03:26 AM   #916
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Thanks for the recipe. I might give it a go.

I'm now hovering between 71.5 and 72.5. In the right direction, if slow!
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 02:07 PM   #917
Ken.Hagdal
Connoisseur
Ken.Hagdal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken.Hagdal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken.Hagdal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken.Hagdal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken.Hagdal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken.Hagdal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken.Hagdal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken.Hagdal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken.Hagdal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken.Hagdal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken.Hagdal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I'm currently on a diet to help with pre-diabetes. After going through nasty bouts of brain fog, insomnia and skin issues for a few years, I eventually quit trying to manage the symptoms and did some research to try and figure what my body was up to. It was something of a surprise for me to learn all the symptoms could be linked to my blood sugar levels. I had a blood test done a couple of years ago and nothing abnormal showed up. Either my body goes off at lower thresholds or medecine hasn't quite cracked it all out.

At any rate, the symptoms have resolved significantly since I switched to my new diet a month ago. I'm also taking probiotics to keep Candida at bay as it's othen associated with diabetes some other symptoms were a match.
Ken.Hagdal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-28-2013, 08:48 AM   #918
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
O.K..... I've now tasted everything the Food Lady has to offer, the two food courts in the nearby shopping center, and several of the restaurants around my house. It's time to get serious about cutting back on the amount I've been eating. I mean, I've really was pigging out for the past three months 'cuz it all tasted so gooood....

I started regular long walks again, and have been doing 8-10k at least every other day. I started cutting back on breakfasts to just an egg or two and one veggie main serving. No rice. No two or three different sausages. So less than 150 calories. Lunches for the past three days have been either tuna salad (no dressing) or a Thai predominantly veggie main dish, no rice. About 300 calories at most. And dinners have been either Thai or Taiwanese (great Taiwanese restaurant next to my house!) simple low-cal meals. Really tasty, but small in serving size. Again, about 300-400 calories. I never did make it down to 75k before we moved, so that's the goal right now. Shouldn't be too hard to do it. You know that when I make a plan, I don't give up until it's done!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 09:16 AM   #919
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

My aim is to get below 70kg, but it's been slow progress. But at least it's been progress, the last three months or so. I should start to see weights below 71kg by the end of September, on the current trend.
Old 08-29-2013, 03:07 AM   #920
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
I'm back on the weight loss trail after a hiatus due to injury and the lazy summer days. I'm back up at 82kg, with a target the same as Stitchawl, 75kg (I'd be happy with 76kg, actually, which is 12 stone, a nice round number).
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-02-2013, 02:46 AM   #921
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hit the scale this morning for a happy 81k. I'm on track and going strong.

Stitchawl
Old 10-08-2013, 08:59 PM   #922
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Just cracked 78kg this morning! I'm psyched!!!! Think I'll double my walk this morning! I even brought out my 'hamster wheel' to begin putting on some more core muscle. By varying and isolating the muscle groups you use with this, you can work several different parts of the upper body, not just abs.

Stitchawl
Old 10-16-2013, 07:10 AM   #923
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
My aim is to get below 70kg, but it's been slow progress. But at least it's been progress, the last three months or so. I should start to see weights below 71kg by the end of September, on the current trend.
Not quite end of September, but today I did have my first sub-71kg weight: 70.8kg.

Last edited by pdurrant; 10-16-2013 at 07:12 AM.
Old 10-16-2013, 08:06 AM   #924
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
WOHHOOO Congrats.

The date doesn't matter. Changing so that you are healthy matters.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 08:01 PM   #925
Stitchawl
Opsimath

77.8k this morning! Yessssssssss!
I'm now wearing size 34 pants and they are loose! Before I decided to take of weight for paragliding, I was wearing size 46 and they were tight. I might just buy my own parachute, although my wife reminded me that you don't need a parachute to go sky diving. You only need one if you want to go skydiving twice...

Stitchawl
Old 11-05-2013, 05:41 PM   #926
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
I'm now wearing size 34 pants and they are loose! Before I decided to take of weight for paragliding, I was wearing size 46 and they were tight. I might just buy my own parachute, although my wife reminded me that you don't need a parachute to go sky diving. You only need one if you want to go skydiving twice...
Many congratulations! I am still hovering between 71 and 72kg. I hope to be hovering between 70.5 and 71.5 within the next four weeks.
Old 11-05-2013, 07:18 PM   #927
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I am 72 kg and happy with that. That is a 20 kg loss since giving birth.
Old 11-14-2013, 04:59 PM   #928
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post

Stitchawl
Congratulations, that amazing progress!

I'm at 68 kg. I'd like to get back down to my pre pregnancy weight which was generally between 55 and 60 kg, but I don't want to cut calories yet as I'm still breastfeeding and would like to continue to do so until the baby is at least a year old if I can. I'm going to have to start some sort of light exercise class, I guess. I feel like I'm not going to be able to lose any weight until I stop breastfeeding, which I'm not rushing to do. Funny thing, hormones. I gained a ton of weight in my first trimester even though I couldn't keep any food down at all and barely ate on top of that, and actually got a fair bit of exercise as well.
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 07:03 PM   #929
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast

My Dr confirmed that I am at a healthy weight so I am staying in maintenance mode. 158 pounds is a good place to be. If I lose more, I lose more.
Old 04-03-2014, 09:04 AM   #930
BenG
Home Guard
BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3G, iPhone 6
Started following the Weight Watchers program at work yesterday. My employer is paying half for 12 weeks and it earns points toward a health insurance discount and anyone who loses 10% gets put into a drawing for some neat stuff like Bose headphones.
BenG is offline   Reply With Quote