Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex > iRex Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-20-2006, 09:16 AM   #31
design256
Connoisseur
design256 doesn't litterdesign256 doesn't litter

Device: Irex Iliad
Quote:
Originally Posted by arivero
It is somehow risky in the sense that if you change the connection and it really gets to contact iDS, it could update the system if you are not fast enough to remove the internet cable nor swicht your wifi router off.
Wow, I can see Iliad owners running down the street to escape their iliad connecting to ids through WiFi
design256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 10:16 AM   #32
k2r
Zealot
k2r doesn't litterk2r doesn't litter

Device: MP2K, iLiad
Public Key Authentication

I'm not quite sure why we would have to change the root-password to log in to the device.
If I remember correctly dropbear client supports public key authentication, you just have to convert the id into a dropbear specific format.
k2r is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-20-2006, 10:26 AM   #33
Antartica
Evangelist
Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: quaderno, remarkable2, yotaphone2, prs950, iliad, onhandpc, newton
Quote:
Originally Posted by design256
Do it quickly! I bet that this and Xserver will be patched on IDS today.
Updated! :-)
Antartica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 12:35 PM   #34
design256
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by k2r
I'm not quite sure why we would have to change the root-password to log in to the device.
If I remember correctly dropbear client supports public key authentication, you just have to convert the id into a dropbear specific format.
WOOHOO!! I'm in!!!

tsh compiled statically out of the box with the Zaurus cross compiler and runs without any problems at all. I've attached the arm tshd and linux tsh binary.

Usual bricking caveats apply..
Attached Files
File Type: zip tsh.zip (378.3 KB, 387 views)
Old 10-20-2006, 12:45 PM   #35
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: STAReBOOK, iRex Iliad, Sony 505, Kindle 2
Congrats!
CommanderROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-20-2006, 12:49 PM   #36
arivero
Guru
arivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it is

Device: NCR3125, Nokia 770,...
Quote:
WOOHOO!! I'm in!!!

tsh compiled statically out of the box with the Zaurus cross compiler and runs without any problems at all. I've attached the arm tshd and linux tsh binary.

Usual bricking caveats apply..
Design, could you also attach the shell script and/or the command you use to launch it? Or are you still opening the network using your "http proxy failure" trick?
arivero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 01:04 PM   #37
design256
Connoisseur

Quote:
Design, could you also attach the shell script and/or the command you use to launch it? Or are you still opening the network using your "http proxy failure" trick?

I'm using the http proxy trick for now - I haven't worked out how to turn the network on from a script yet, but should do soon. I just make it sleep for 2 minutes then run tshd.

BTW, the linux-side tsh I uploaded doesn't work statically compiled because of missing gethostbyname. Here is a dynamically compiled one on FC3, and the source. It is easy to compile. You need to set the password in tsh.h to 'abc'.
Attached Files
File Type: zip linux-tsh.zip (16.8 KB, 367 views)
File Type: gz tsh-0.6.tar.gz (19.6 KB, 368 views)
Old 10-20-2006, 01:09 PM   #38
arivero
Guru
arivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it is

Device: NCR3125, Nokia 770,...
Quote:
I'm using the http proxy trick for now - I haven't worked out how to turn the network on from a script yet
Ah, you simply call wired.sh or wireless.sh with the right parameters; sort of "/usr/bin/wired.sh start" or similar call, we used it back in the 2.4 version three months ago.

Check them in /usr/bin. There is even an "usage" help. But in any case, how does the "proxy trick" works? Do I need actually to take the work of setting a proxy?

Quote:
BTW, the linux-side tsh (...)
guess most people will use a apt-get anyway.
arivero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 01:12 PM   #39
design256
Connoisseur

Quote:
Ah, you simply call wired.sh or wireless.sh with the right parameters; sort of "/usr/bin/wired.sh start" or similar call, we used it back in the 2.4 version three months ago.

Check them in /usr/bin. There is even an "usage" help. But in any case, how does the "proxy trick" works? Do I need actually to take the work of setting a proxy?

guess most people will use a apt-get anyway.

Try just pointing it at a nonexistent proxy. If the network light stays on and you get a popup error box on connect then you're there.
Old 10-20-2006, 03:14 PM   #40
design256
Connoisseur

Quote:
Try just pointing it at a nonexistent proxy. If the network light stays on and you get a popup error box on connect then you're there.
ok wired.sh works a treat, so no need for the proxy hack any more.
Change /mnt/card if you're not using a mmc card...

/mnt/card/a.sh contains:

#!/bin/sh
sleep 120
/usr/bin/wired.sh start
sleep 5
/tmp/tshd

---------------

/mnt/card/b.sh contains:

#!/bin/sh

/bin/cp /mnt/card/tshd /tmp
/bin/cp /mnt/card/a.sh /tmp
/bin/chmod 755 /tmp/tshd
/bin/chmod 755 /tmp/a.sh
/tmp/a.sh &

-------

Then run /mnt/card/b.sh from network profiles, quit, then wait
a couple of minutes. When the light comes on:

tsh ILIAD_IP /bin/sh from your linux box.

...and you'll be in.

I'm working on a packaged version to replace download manager. Will post in CommanerROR's sticky topic when done.

Once again, big thanks for finding this excellent hole. Would love to be a fly on the wall at Irex when they were so keen to keep developers out...
Old 10-20-2006, 03:21 PM   #41
Antartica
Evangelist
Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: quaderno, remarkable2, yotaphone2, prs950, iliad, onhandpc, newton
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antartica
Updated! :-)
It seems that they plugged the hole. I've not been able to reproduce the backqoute-hack :-(((

They've been fast.

UPDATE: It was my fault , they have not patched it, it still works . sorry if I scared someone.

Last edited by Antartica; 10-22-2006 at 06:43 AM.
Antartica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 03:33 PM   #42
design256
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antartica
It seems that they plugged the hole. I've not been able to reproduce the backqoute-hack :-(((

They've been fast.

eeek. that was quick

guess we'll have to keep working on an IDS-based exploit. I wonder if they also closed off the Xserver?
Old 10-20-2006, 03:44 PM   #43
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Device: Bookeen Opus (i love that thing) and iPad (what an irony)
I dont think that there are different versions of 2.7 out there.
tribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 04:13 PM   #44
scotty1024
Banned
scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.

Device: Reader / iPhone / Librie / Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by tribble
I dont think that there are different versions of 2.7 out there.
Maybe he's a beta tester.

Take Caeser's Beta, Take Caeser's Security Patches.
scotty1024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 04:46 PM   #45
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
As far as I can tell 2.7 is unchanged since its initial release.
TadW is offline   Reply With Quote