Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 08-24-2009, 02:36 PM   #1
chilady1
I devour books!
chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air, Kindle 3/Kobo Aura HD, iPhone 6
Free on Kindle: The Sari Shop Window [FREE AGAIN!]

Here's another freebie for those that are interested!
PhishStyx will probably think this one is awful also

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...SIN=B002KS3ASE

Product Description

Pungent curry. . .sweet fried onions. . .incense. . .colorful beads. . .lush fabrics. Shobhan Bantwal's compelling new novel is set on the streets of Edison, New Jersey's Little India, where a young businesswoman rediscovers the magic of love and family. . .
Since becoming a widow at age twenty-seven, Anjali Kapadia has devoted herself to transforming her parents' sari shop into a chic boutique, brimming with exquisite jewelry and clothing. Now, ten years later, it stands out like a proud maharani amid Edison's bustling Little India. But when Anjali learns the shop is on the brink of bankruptcy, she feels her world unraveling. . .

To the rescue comes Anjali's wealthy, dictatorial Uncle Jeevan and his business partner, Rishi Shah-a mysterious Londoner, complete with British accent, cool gray eyes, and skin so fair it makes it hard to believe he's Indian. Rishi's cool, foreign demeanor triggers distrust in Anjali and her mother. But for Anjali, he also stirs something else, a powerful attraction she hasn't felt in a decade. And the feeling is mutual. . .

Love disappointed Anjali once before and she's vowed to live without it-though Rishi is slowly melting her resolve and, as the shop regains its footing, gaining her trust. But when a secret from Rishi's past is revealed, Anjali must turn to her family and her strong cultural upbringing to guide her in finding the truth. . .
chilady1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 03:25 PM   #2
PhishStyx
The me that I am
PhishStyx can extract oil from cheesePhishStyx can extract oil from cheesePhishStyx can extract oil from cheesePhishStyx can extract oil from cheesePhishStyx can extract oil from cheesePhishStyx can extract oil from cheesePhishStyx can extract oil from cheesePhishStyx can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle 1 & DR 1000s
Again apparently dissenting opinions on books are disallowed.

Last edited by PhishStyx; 08-24-2009 at 09:31 PM.
PhishStyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-24-2009, 04:47 PM   #3
chilady1
I devour books!
chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

That's exactly what I thought you would say

No surprises here!
Old 08-24-2009, 05:36 PM   #4
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Well, it's another book I'm thinking I would enjoy. Thanks for posting the link here.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 10:07 PM   #5
kilikini
Enthusiast
kilikini has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kilikini has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kilikini has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kilikini has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: K3, KFire, iPad, iPhone
Thanks for the heads-up, chilady1, I've downloaded copies of both the freebies you've posted today and have been very happy for the opportunity! If not for your taking the time to make these posts, I would more than likely have missed out on some good (and free, can't beat that) reading material.

Even if a book description doesn't immediately "grab" me, if it's free, I'll usually d/l it anyway, because you just never know... But both books do sound interesting to me.
kilikini is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-24-2009, 10:33 PM   #6
chilady1
I devour books!

You are so welcome!

kilikini and Elsi -you are both so welcome. Thanks so much for your kind words and I am only doing what so many others have done here, posting good finds. I can't tell you how many times someone has posted a book on this forum that ended up being such a great read for me. I figure I owe it to others to do the same. So many people on this forum have been so unselfish about sharing not just free or bargin reads, but also great advice on how to make the whole e-reader experience that much better for me. I have learned so much from MobileRead.

Also, Elsi, thanks for your words of encouragement and support on the other thread. I really appreciate your kind words. Have a great day and continued good reading!
Old 08-25-2009, 09:54 PM   #7
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Postings of FINDS are always encouraged.

Be prepared, however, for people to talk about books they don't care for or books they might like.

We'll attack books we don't like, and kiss the books we love, but we strongly discourage attacking posters.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 01:03 AM   #8
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010
doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Polyamorous
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
Postings of FINDS are always encouraged.

Be prepared, however, for people to talk about books they don't care for or books they might like.

We'll attack books we don't like, and kiss the books we love, but we strongly discourage attacking posters.

Don
Yes, it's fine to criticize books we don't like. But it would be nice if the criticism was polite, and not in the form of an attack.
doreenjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 01:31 AM   #9
PhishStyx
The me that I am
PhishStyx can extract oil from cheesePhishStyx can extract oil from cheesePhishStyx can extract oil from cheesePhishStyx can extract oil from cheesePhishStyx can extract oil from cheesePhishStyx can extract oil from cheesePhishStyx can extract oil from cheesePhishStyx can extract oil from cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by doreenjoy View Post
Yes, it's fine to criticize books we don't like. But it would be nice if the criticism was polite, and not in the form of an attack.
I started that way, and got told what a jerk I was for it. I responded in kind and got told what a jerk I was that, too.

But sure, I'm the evil bastard.
Old 08-28-2009, 06:09 AM   #10
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
PhishStyx, you are free to post dissenting opinions. We moderators approve of Doreenjoy's advice, which you quote. If you don't like the book then it would be more constructive to say exactly why not, rather than merely sounding cross.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 08:11 AM   #11
PhishStyx
The me that I am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
PhishStyx, you are free to post dissenting opinions. We moderators approve of Doreenjoy's advice, which you quote. If you don't like the book then it would be more constructive to say exactly why not, rather than merely sounding cross.
So once again, in spite of having been attacked first and in fact harassed across the 2 threads by this person, it is somehow magically my fault. Nice, thank you yet again for selectively enforcing your rules. I'm not sure why I thought this place would be different.
Old 08-31-2009, 07:54 PM   #12
imaredr
Collector
imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook
Chilady,
Thanks! I am grateful that you take the time to post these. No matter how much I look I always miss most of the free stuff at Amazon. If it weren't from you, I would have missed out on some great reads. Please don't stop!!
imaredr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 05:55 AM   #13
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
Repeat freebie in Kindle store today. Available in Canada.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 06:39 AM   #14
Patricia1066
Zealot
Patricia1066 is a splendid one to beholdPatricia1066 is a splendid one to beholdPatricia1066 is a splendid one to beholdPatricia1066 is a splendid one to beholdPatricia1066 is a splendid one to beholdPatricia1066 is a splendid one to beholdPatricia1066 is a splendid one to beholdPatricia1066 is a splendid one to beholdPatricia1066 is a splendid one to beholdPatricia1066 is a splendid one to beholdPatricia1066 is a splendid one to behold

Device: Kindle PW 10th gen, Kindle Fire 7 9th gen, Kindle KB 3rd gen
Thanks for the headsup - i am really enjoying this one!
Patricia1066 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 07:28 AM   #15
abookreader
Wizard
abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles - Keyboard, Fire, 2-US, iPhone, iPAD
Thanks!
abookreader is offline   Reply With Quote