Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 04-17-2013, 12:53 PM   #1
hn333
Addict
hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kindle Fire
Would Amazon replace a First Gen Fire with bad battery?

I've been having a ton of problems with my first gen Fire. Lately it doesn't charge when I plug it in. When it does charge it stops half way and never finishes. More and more it shuts down by itself without warning and won't turn on unless I plug it in. Sometimes it won't even shut off. Just really weird problems, warranty is gone also. Anyone else having these problems? I think it might be the battery.
hn333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 01:07 PM   #2
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
There is only one way to find out....let us know what Amazon says.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-18-2013, 08:33 AM   #3
Doc109
Enthusiast
Doc109 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doc109 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doc109 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doc109 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doc109 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doc109 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doc109 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doc109 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doc109 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doc109 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doc109 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle Fire, Kindle Fire 2 (non-HD), Kindle Paperwhite
I had a first-gen KF for 14 months. The connection with the charger with tenuous and getting worse by the day. I informed Amazon of the problem and they shipped me a Kindle Fire 2nd generation for free - which is definitely a superior experience to the 1st-gen device. I was out of warranty, politely issued a complaint, and received an updated product for free. I hope you have the same luck!
Doc109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 03:47 PM   #4
hn333
Addict
hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc109 View Post
I had a first-gen KF for 14 months. The connection with the charger with tenuous and getting worse by the day. I informed Amazon of the problem and they shipped me a Kindle Fire 2nd generation for free - which is definitely a superior experience to the 1st-gen device. I was out of warranty, politely issued a complaint, and received an updated product for free. I hope you have the same luck!
I think the problem I'm having is because of the case is overheating the Kindle when it charges. The battery gets too hot and stops charging. Since taking the case off the problem has disappeared.
Old 04-18-2013, 06:35 PM   #5
GlenBarrington
Cheese Whiz
GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Tab A 10.1(2019), Pixel 6a.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hn333 View Post
I think the problem I'm having is because of the case is overheating the Kindle when it charges. The battery gets too hot and stops charging. Since taking the case off the problem has disappeared.
What case are you using? I've been thinking of getting one and that sounds like a case to avoid!
GlenBarrington is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-19-2013, 03:34 AM   #6
hn333
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlenBarrington View Post
What case are you using? I've been thinking of getting one and that sounds like a case to avoid!
This one

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I live in Florida and it's been really hot this week. So I think those are the two factors.
Old 04-19-2013, 08:10 AM   #7
GlenBarrington
Cheese Whiz
GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
This one

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I live in Florida and it's been really hot this week. So I think those are the two factors.
Figures! That's the one I was thinking about! Thanks!
Old 04-19-2013, 11:38 AM   #8
ilovegadgets
Connoisseur
ilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic something

Device: Kindles, iPad,Note 8, Note 3, iPhone 5,Sony 350& T1, Entourage PE & EE
I have that case and have had it on my Original Fire for over a year with no issues. I love that case.
ilovegadgets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 12:09 PM   #9
hn333
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovegadgets View Post
I have that case and have had it on my Original Fire for over a year with no issues. I love that case.
It may not be the case. I'm just guessing. It seems to work better without it.
Old 04-21-2013, 09:02 AM   #10
GlenBarrington
Cheese Whiz

Quote:
It may not be the case. I'm just guessing. It seems to work better without it.
Totally off topic, but what is the difference between the colors Graphite and Black in this case? They look the same to me.
Old 04-21-2013, 09:14 AM   #11
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Graphite is a very dark gray like a pencil lead.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 12:53 PM   #12
GlenBarrington
Cheese Whiz

Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
thanks, I can't tell from Amazon's color rendition.
Old 04-30-2013, 06:09 PM   #13
Mic_
Mic_ began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
I think the 'pink' will be too hot...

Mic_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 07:20 PM   #14
discopig
Book Addict
discopig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.discopig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.discopig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.discopig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.discopig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.discopig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.discopig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.discopig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.discopig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.discopig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.discopig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc109 View Post
You definitely aren't the first I've heard this from - Amazon seems to have amazing support in general

I've complained about issues with things I ordered there a few times and they've always issued me full refunds or re-sent me items without even asking me to send anything back.
discopig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 10:01 PM   #15
hn333
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by discopig View Post
You definitely aren't the first I've heard this from - Amazon seems to have amazing support in general

I've complained about issues with things I ordered there a few times and they've always issued me full refunds or re-sent me items without even asking me to send anything back.
I was able to fix it by reseating the battery cable. I got the idea after reading this thread

http://www.amazon.com/forum/kindle/?...x2BVL57QL5OC5Q

Now all my problems are gone. It seem like the battery cable can be easily knocked loose if it's been dropped a few times.