Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex > iRex Developer's Corner

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 09-04-2007, 12:32 PM   #16
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
You'll probably be waiting a while for a couple reasons:
  • I'm having some issues getting SSL working like I had done previously.
  • I'm not sure how to package it so that it run correctly but doesn't interfere with the iLiad's normal html viewing.
  • I'll also probably wait for 2.11 and unbricking since I will have to modify the internals.
  • My iLiad is on it's way back to iRex because of some battery/screen issues.
Old 09-04-2007, 01:57 PM   #17
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam B. View Post
I'm not sure how to package it so that it run correctly but doesn't interfere with the iLiad's normal html viewing.
Not sure this is worth worrying about....
Advert
Old 09-10-2007, 03:11 PM   #18
Mike Kostousov
Connoisseur
Mike Kostousov has learned how to read e-booksMike Kostousov has learned how to read e-booksMike Kostousov has learned how to read e-booksMike Kostousov has learned how to read e-booksMike Kostousov has learned how to read e-booksMike Kostousov has learned how to read e-booksMike Kostousov has learned how to read e-books

Device: Zaurus C1000/iLiad/SE K750i
Is it possible to use minimo with google books?
Old 10-02-2007, 01:10 AM   #19
jimbocho
jimbocho began at the beginning.

Device: iRex iLiad
Preview version Please!?

Hi Adam,

Can you please consider releasing a preview version? I don't care if SSL doesn't work correctly or if it has to be started by the terminal, but I'd really like to play around with Minimo. I don't mind hacking on it myself, but it would be great if you could share at least the chrome interface files, or a beta version of what you have...

Thanks so much,
-Jim
Old 10-02-2007, 02:29 AM   #20
jimbocho

almost working...need help

I copied
Code:
libX11.so.6    libXau.so.6    libXdmcp.so.6
to /mnt/cf/lib. Then I looked for ideas in /usr/lib/mozilla-minimo/un-mozilla.sh and decided to run:

Code:
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/mnt/cf:/usr/lib/mozilla-minimo:/usr/lib/mozilla-minimo/extensions:/usr/lib/mozilla-minimo/components /usr/lib/mozilla-minimo/minimo
And it seems to be working. However I can't figure out how to get it to go to a URL I specify. Adding a URL as a command line argument doesn't work. There doesn't seem to be a URL bar that I can use either. Someone please help!

thanks,
-Jim
Advert
Old 10-02-2007, 05:48 AM   #21
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbocho View Post
I copied
Code:
libX11.so.6    libXau.so.6    libXdmcp.so.6
to /mnt/cf/lib. Then I looked for ideas in /usr/lib/mozilla-minimo/un-mozilla.sh and decided to run:

Code:
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/mnt/cf:/usr/lib/mozilla-minimo:/usr/lib/mozilla-minimo/extensions:/usr/lib/mozilla-minimo/components /usr/lib/mozilla-minimo/minimo
And it seems to be working. However I can't figure out how to get it to go to a URL I specify. Adding a URL as a command line argument doesn't work. There doesn't seem to be a URL bar that I can use either. Someone please help!

thanks,
-Jim
It sounds like you're on track. I used the chrome files from an early minimo release. You can find releases here: http://www.meer.net/~dougt/minimo_ce/

Try 0.013. I think that was the one I used.
Old 10-02-2007, 08:50 AM   #22
Gogolo
Addict
Gogolo has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: DR1000S, Nook ST (rooted), Kobo Aura one (ksm)
Hi
I would be very interested in running minimo on the Illiad.

dillo does not show correctly the sites I want to use.

Would it be possible to browse in landscape with minimo? landscape is needed very much, because a lot of sites are 1024x768 optimzed.

Greetings
Olivier
Old 10-04-2007, 01:09 AM   #23
jimbocho

Thanks Adam, I got it to work.

In case anyone else is interested, I copied the classic.jar and classic.manifest from the chrome directory of minimo_ce 0.0.13 into /usr/lib/mozilla-minimo/chrome. (I overwrote the files that were there, after backing them up first.)

Then I set the display to :0 and started minimo as I described above. I was greeted with a new layout that allowed me to change the URL. I tried to copy the whole mozilla-minimo folder to CF and run it from there (so I didn't need to overwrite the files in /usr/lib/mozilla-minimo/chrome) but it still was using the /usr/lib/mozilla-minimo/chrome directory, so I had to overwrite them anyway.

Display refresh is problematic; even with the patched libX11 the display frequently does not update correctly. In these cases I run "displayMgrClient" to force a refresh.

Also heavy JavaScript sites (Google maps) can sometimes be quite slow, to the extent that Minimo gives a warning window about the script taking too long to run, asking if you want to abort or continue it.. I sometimes have to click continue once or twice but the page will eventually load. Making matters worse though, sometimes the warning window doesn't refresh correctly; only the frame is drawn. In those cases I first run displayMgrClient to refresh the display, then click on the "Continue" button.

It's kinda cool looking at Google maps on the iLiad, and the resolution is quite nice! It's a bit slow however.

My next goal is to write a simple web page that uses JavaScript to dynamically refresh itself without any user interaction.

-Jim
Old 10-12-2007, 12:50 AM   #24
jimbocho

Does anyone know how to start up minimo so that it starts at a given URL? I have tried passing it parameters on the command line but it doesn't seem to work. How is minimo invoked by the internal content lister?? Any ideas? I really would like to invoke minimo from the command line and have it start at the web page I specify...

thanks,
-Jim
Old 10-14-2007, 11:29 PM   #25
jimbocho

OK I finally figured it out. In case anyone is interested, edit the file greprefs/all.js and add this line to set a different homepage:

Code:
pref("browser.startup.homepage", "http://www.google.com/");
-Jim
Old 10-15-2007, 01:18 PM   #26
o_parallos
o_parallos began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad v2
Any update on a release date or on dev news for minimo? I'm waiting anxiously for this since dillo development seems to be on hold and utf-8 pages are in abundance these days (dillo is only latin-1)...

Can't ........ wait ....... neeeeed......

and congrats for the wonderful job...
Old 10-19-2007, 03:29 PM   #27
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting

After a few hours of hacking, I've finally got SSL working!!!

I'll have to do some more testing to make sure it isn't a fluke(), but if all goes well, expect a release in the next few days.

Edit: I'm going to go ahead and post for files for those who have SSH access. Delete the /usr/lib/mozilla-minimo directory (be sure to make a backup, this isn't tested very well), and overwrite with the attached file. You'll need the hacked libX11.so.6 in /usr/local/lib. Launch with "/usr/lib/mozilla-minimo/mozilla-run.sh minimo".
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	gmailssl.png
Views:	448
Size:	132.6 KB
ID:	6488  
Attached Files
File Type: gz mozilla-minimo.tar.gz (5.77 MB, 348 views)
Old 10-22-2007, 04:16 AM   #28
DeGodefroi
Zealot
DeGodefroi began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX Graphite (had Illiad)
And when will there be a minimo version for all who do not desire to go into linux?
:-)
Old 10-22-2007, 07:26 AM   #29
Gogolo
Addict
Gogolo has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: DR1000S, Nook ST (rooted), Kobo Aura one (ksm)
Patience is our duty!

But lets pray, Adam has some spare time
Old 10-22-2007, 07:35 AM   #30
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting

It probably won't be today, maybe tomorrow. Today, I'm getting a new PDA phone that I've been waiting for for the last 8 months , so I'll be pretty busy with that.

This will require a good amount of testing, as I'm replacing many files that work with the internal html viewer. I want to make sure that I can install it without any issues, or breaking any of the current functionality.

Patience is a virtue.
Closed Thread