Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 07-18-2015, 08:06 PM   #1
RbnJrg
Wizard
RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 NT
Question Does anyone know the name of this font?

Sorry if this post must be in another subforum; please, could anyone of you tell me the name of the font used in the picture below:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Image1.png
Views:	325
Size:	29.2 KB
ID:	140356

I used the service of http://www.whatfontis.com/ and https://www.myfonts.com/WhatTheFont/ and I couldn't find anything. Thank you very much in advance for any info that you can supply me.

Rubén
RbnJrg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 09:07 PM   #2
ryber
ryber began at the beginning.

Device: ALL THE THINGS
Any chance you have a slightly clearer or larger picture? I haven't been able to get any good results from my list of font identifier sites.
ryber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 03:19 AM   #3
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
I couldn't find the same font, but a somewhat similar Art Nouveau font is Eckmann.

Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 03:32 AM   #4
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
It looks somewhat like Arabia, but definitely different.

Baldur has some of the features, but it isn't it either.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 07:58 AM   #5
RbnJrg
Wizard
RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryber View Post
Any chance you have a slightly clearer or larger picture? I haven't been able to get any good results from my list of font identifier sites.
Hi ryber;

Many thanks for your answer. That font is used in the book (now in public domain) "Las Mil Noches y Una Noches" for the J.C. Mardrus' translation (that Vicente Blasco Ibañez translated to spanish). You can read (or download if you wish) online any of the 23 tomes from Internet Archive. In any of those books you'll be able to see better the font of my picture. Many thanks again for your help.

Rubén
Old 07-19-2015, 08:07 AM   #6
RbnJrg
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
I couldn't find the same font, but a somewhat similar Art Nouveau font is Eckmann.

Hi Doitsu;

Thank you very much for your help. Indeed, is not the font I'm looking for, but a good replacement, especially for those titles that are not fully written in uppercase. Many thanks again.

Rubén
Old 07-19-2015, 09:17 AM   #7
RbnJrg
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
It looks somewhat like Arabia, but definitely different.

Baldur has some of the features, but it isn't it either.
Hi Jellby;

In fact Baldur has several features of the font I'm looking for; thank you very much. Sometime ago you had started the project of converting to epub "The Thousand Night and a Night" (from Burton's and/or Payne's translation); well, I wanted to see if I could do the same with "Las Mil Noches y Una Noches" from J. C. Mardrus' translation (in the spanish version of Vicente Blasco Ibañez). In the original books published at the end of the XIX century by "Editorial Prometeo" (now in public domain) is utilized that font (whose name I can't find ) and as I liked it, I thought to employ it in a future epub. Thanks again for your help.

Rubén