Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-29-2012, 12:59 PM   #1
AndrewH
Fanatic
AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, & Kobo Mini
Return browser magnification to normal?

Is there a way to return the magnification of a webpage in the T1's browser to normal? In other words, the equivalent of CTRL-0 on a desktop browser? Neither diagonal swiping nor pinching is bringing up the zoom bar in the bottom right when I'm on (mobile) Twitter.
AndrewH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 01:11 PM   #2
luvduchovny
Zealot
luvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melon

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500, PRS-600, PRS-650, PRS-T1, PRS-T3
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewH View Post
Is there a way to return the magnification of a webpage in the T1's browser to normal? In other words, the equivalent of CTRL-0 on a desktop browser? Neither diagonal swiping nor pinching is bringing up the zoom bar in the bottom right when I'm on (mobile) Twitter.
What happens if you press the back button? I would imagine that would work, but since I don't have my reader in front of me, I guess I should have waited until I can get to it to see if this would be the answer.
luvduchovny is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-29-2012, 02:12 PM   #3
AndrewH
Fanatic
AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Back takes me to the top of the page. Return (or whatever that button is between Home and Options) takes me out to the T1 Home screen.

Going through the options (Options > More > Settings > Default Zoom) gives me three different zoom levels, so I guess that will work. Though choosing a setting this way seems to have disabled the swipe or pinch to zoom altogether.
Old 03-29-2012, 05:40 PM   #4
delphin
Evangelist
delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SONY PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewH View Post
Back takes me to the top of the page. Return (or whatever that button is between Home and Options) takes me out to the T1 Home screen.

Going through the options (Options > More > Settings > Default Zoom) gives me three different zoom levels, so I guess that will work. Though choosing a setting this way seems to have disabled the swipe or pinch to zoom altogether.
I think there are two kinds of zoom involved here, the pinch zoom crops the page, where the 'Close', 'Medium' and 'Far' selections under settings is more like a desktop browsers 'Zoom' where the page elements (text fonts and images) are resized, but then the browser tries to wrap the page to keep all the elements on screen.

I have noticed that some web sites disable pinch zooming in the browser of many Android devices entirely, where others do not.

When a site does allow pinch zooming on my Sony PRS-T1, I find that I can almost always un-zoom and go back to full page default with either a squeeze together gesture or by simply double tapping on a blank area of the screen. On the PRS-T1, you may have to repeat the double tap, because the first will cause an even larger zoom (or cause the page to reformat at the present zoom), then the second double tap is read as an un-zoom.

Last edited by delphin; 03-29-2012 at 05:43 PM.
delphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 06:28 PM   #5
AndrewH
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by delphin View Post
I have noticed that some web sites disable pinch zooming in the browser of many Android devices entirely, where others do not.
Ah! I think that may have been the problem.

Quote:
When a site does allow pinch zooming on my Sony PRS-T1, I find that I can almost always un-zoom and go back to full page default with either a squeeze together gesture or by simply double tapping on a blank area of the screen. On the PRS-T1, you may have to repeat the double tap, because the first will cause an even larger zoom (or cause the page to reformat at the present zoom), then the second double tap is read as an un-zoom.
That works perfectly (I just had to find a site that would let me pinch-zoom). I didn't know about the double tap, that's certainly easier (for me) than pinch gestures. Thank you.
Advert
Old 03-30-2012, 12:12 PM   #6
bla
E bookworm
bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T1,Android Tablet, I phone
Under Settings - Application Preferences - Browser you can set a default zoom, just make sure the "Fit page" option is unchecked, as suggested you can also access these settings by pressing the menu button (while viewing a page ),pressing More and then Settings

Refreshing the page (from the menu) will put it back to the default zoom
bla is offline   Reply With Quote