Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 05-20-2011, 12:09 PM   #1
janhall_us
Edge User

Amazon Appstore outrage!

I've started moving all the apps I've collected as apks to the Amazon version instead to have as much as possible in one place for ease in keeping up with the updates. I just found out last night, if you aren't signed in to Amazon or don't have the Amazon Appstore installed on your eDGe, none of the apps you got from Amazon will run!!!

Old 05-20-2011, 12:33 PM   #2
cheyennedonna
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by janhall_us View Post
I've started moving all the apps I've collected as apks to the Amazon version instead to have as much as possible in one place for ease in keeping up with the updates. I just found out last night, if you aren't signed in to Amazon or don't have the Amazon Appstore installed on your eDGe, none of the apps you got from Amazon will run!!!
Many paid apps from Google Market now "phone home" for a license check as well. Many other sources, like App Center, also need to be installed for licensed versions to run. Developers deserve to get paid for their work if they have chosen to sell their app; many of the apk's that are found by a Google search are paid apps that are pirated. Recently an app developer posted a fake download http://downloadsquad.switched.com/20...pirates-and-s/ to teach a lesson. Besides, if you want updates, you will need the Amazon app anyway.

Old 05-20-2011, 12:48 PM   #3
janhall_us
Edge User

I hadn't thought of it that way... I was just upset that Amazon wasn't allowing me access to something I had paid for without them as the intermediary. Thanks for the insight.