Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 08-17-2009, 02:56 AM   #31
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomesque View Post

I have a short work up on FeedBooks atm - it's had almost zero editing though, so it's pretty rough - Red Riding Hood.
Downloaded Also working on a cover, if you'd like one for this?
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 03:03 AM   #32
nomesque
Snooty Bestselling Author
nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moejoe View Post
Downloaded Also working on a cover, if you'd like one for this?
I'd love one :-)
nomesque is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-17-2009, 04:13 AM   #33
Reyben
Connoisseur
Reyben ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reyben ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reyben ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reyben ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reyben ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reyben ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reyben ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reyben ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reyben ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reyben ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reyben ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Erm... None.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomesque But there isn't anywhere near as much swearing in most of my stories. This one just happened to have potty-mouths as the main characters. I thought about trying to tone it down, but either it'd read weirdly (how many girlfriend-killing ex-cons say 'darn' and 'flip'?) or the asterisks would get distracting...
Oh, absolutely- if it's in the character, it's in the character.

Quote:
I do find it interesting that some people like the multi-first-person format, some hate it, and some are just... OK with it. It's not something I've really seen used much, but it just screamed to be used for this story.
People get weirdly picky over formats. I know one guy who simply cannot read first-person present-tense. I like a little experimentation, myself.

Quote:
And of course the moral lesson
Oh, of course. Always make sure that the priest you're contracting to excise your murdered girlfriend is legit.

Read Red Riding Hood just now. I approve of your apparent sudden flare for...

EDIT: Silly me, I ought to be wary of spoiling things for people. SPOILER BELOW!

...The eating of people.

Last edited by Reyben; 08-17-2009 at 08:13 AM.
Reyben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 04:14 AM   #34
Reyben
Connoisseur
Reyben ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reyben ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reyben ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reyben ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reyben ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reyben ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reyben ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reyben ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reyben ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reyben ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reyben ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Erm... None.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomesque But there isn't anywhere near as much swearing in most of my stories. This one just happened to have potty-mouths as the main characters. I thought about trying to tone it down, but either it'd read weirdly (how many girlfriend-killing ex-cons say 'darn' and 'flip'?) or the asterisks would get distracting...
Oh, absolutely- if it's in the character, it's in the character.

Quote:
I do find it interesting that some people like the multi-first-person format, some hate it, and some are just... OK with it. It's not something I've really seen used much, but it just screamed to be used for this story.
People get weirdly picky over formats. I know one guy who simply cannot read first-person present-tense. I like a little experimentation, myself.

Quote:
And of course the moral lesson
Oh, of course. Always make sure that the priest you're contracting to excise your murdered girlfriend is legit.

Read Red Riding Hood just now. I approve of your apparent sudden...

EDIT: Silly me, I ought to be wary of spoiling things for people. SPOILER BELOW!

... flare for cannibalism.

Last edited by Reyben; 08-17-2009 at 08:14 AM.
Reyben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 07:01 AM   #35
nomesque
nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reyben View Post
Me too!

Quote:
Exactly. I'm glad that came across

Quote:
Read Red Riding Hood just now. I approve of your apparent sudden flare for thingummy.
Thanks! LOL. What can I say, it's the vegetarianism... *snicker*

Last edited by nomesque; 08-17-2009 at 04:34 PM.
Advert
Old 08-17-2009, 07:42 AM   #36
ravenlife
Connoisseur
ravenlife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenlife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenlife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenlife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenlife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenlife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenlife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenlife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenlife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenlife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenlife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505
Quote:
Me too!

Exactly. I'm glad that came across

Thanks! LOL. What can I say, as a vegetarian, I'm intrigued by the meat-chomping... *snicker*

i think you just gave away the ending and i read it - im not reading my notification emails ever again

[edit]
ill still grab the story and give it a read though
ravenlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 08:02 AM   #37
PieOPah
Addict
PieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-books

Device: Sony PRS-505
I downloaded this one a couple of days ago (after seeing it in your sig on a different thread).

I have added this to my current list of books to read so I should get round to it fairly soon.

Thank you
PieOPah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 09:50 AM   #38
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
I have a short work up on FeedBooks atm - it's had almost zero editing though, so it's pretty rough - Red Riding Hood.
i love that the "similar downloads" for this story features "living history" by reyben and "dead pigeons" by moejoe sam luka.

(and yes, moejoe is definitely a brilliant man. )
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 11:12 AM   #39
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder
Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Sony PRS-t-1/350/300/500/505/600/700, Nexus S, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
i love that the "similar downloads" for this story features "living history" by reyben and "dead pigeons" by moejoe sam luka.

(and yes, moejoe is definitely a brilliant man. )
Mobileread users download books from Mobileread authors, which is why the algorithm identify them as similar.
Hadrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 11:12 AM   #40
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadrien View Post
Mobileread users download books from Mobileread authors, which is why the algorithm identify them as similar.
ha, nice !
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 04:36 PM   #41
nomesque

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenlife View Post
i think you just gave away the ending and i read it - im not reading my notification emails ever again

[edit]
ill still grab the story and give it a read though
Crud... got carried away blathering on... very very sorry if it did. Not sure that it actually will be a spoiler for RRH, but sure woulda been for DEAD(ish).
Old 08-17-2009, 07:36 PM   #42
animedude01
Addict
animedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheese

Device: DR1000S, ILIAD2, Nokia n900, Kindle for PC, Astak EZReader Pro
Quote:
Downloaded and queued. My only question is, do I start this first or Small Victories
animedude01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 07:50 PM   #43
nomesque

Quote:
Originally Posted by animedude01 View Post
Downloaded and queued. My only question is, do I start this first or Small Victories
Darn, that IS a dilemma! Maybe you can read them side by side...
Old 08-17-2009, 07:53 PM   #44
animedude01
Addict
animedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheese

Device: DR1000S, ILIAD2, Nokia n900, Kindle for PC, Astak EZReader Pro
Quote:
Darn, that IS a dilemma! Maybe you can read them side by side...
Well... I do have an iRex iLiad and an iRex DR1000 so it's possible. The problem is the screen size. I have way more text on the DR than on the iLiad so I'll have to change pages more on one. Also, I don't think they're the same length. Hmm....
animedude01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 07:54 PM   #45
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Quote:
Originally Posted by animedude01 View Post
Read Dead(ish) first, that's my recommendation Wait, I wrote the other one....crap, I'll never be any good at this self-marketing stuff
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
humor, humour, mystery, vengeance