Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-24-2012, 01:27 PM   #1
andreacos
andreacos began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Sony PRS/T1 Calibre > strange error

hello all
this morning the program Calibre when i try to send one e/book to my reader has started to give me this message

calibre, version 0.8.63
ERRORE: Errore: Errore di comunicazione col dispositivo

[Error 18] File esauriti: u'I:\\Sony_Reader\\media\\books\\Schember, John\\*.*'

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 82, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 455, in _upload_books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\usbms\driver.py", line 267, in upload_books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\usbms\cli.py", line 50, in put_file
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\filenames.py", line 190, in case_preserving_open_file
WindowsError: [Error 18] File esauriti: u'I:\\Sony_Reader\\media\\books\\Schember, John\\*.*'

The version is old respect the newest but i tried to install the last to with the same result

I try to reset the reader to factory value but nothing has changed

I try to uninstal&install varius verions...the result is the same...

Can anyone help me, please...
andreacos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 02:16 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You'll have to reformat your reader's memory, I recall there is an option in the menus on sony devices to that somewhere.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-24-2012, 03:56 PM   #3
andreacos

Thanks Govid for the fast reply

Yes, I have tray to reformat the internal and sd memory and reset to factory the unit

But the problem persist

Old 08-24-2012, 05:28 PM   #4
maxpall
maxpall began at the beginning.

Device: Sony TS1
Dear all, I have a similar problem:

calibre, version 0.8.66
ERRORE: Errore: Errore di comunicazione col dispositivo

must be encoded string without NULL bytes, not unicode

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 83, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 405, in _books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\prst1\driver.py", line 162, in books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\usbms\driver.py", line 246, in books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\prst1\driver.py", line 245, in sync_booklists
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\prst1\driver.py", line 272, in update_device_database
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\usbms\books.py", line 195, in get_collections
File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\metadata\book\base.py", line 702, in format_field_extended
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\icu.py", line 74, in icu_sort_key
TypeError: must be encoded string without NULL bytes, not unicode

Should I also try to reformat the memory?

Thanks!

Max
maxpall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 10:28 PM   #5
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreacos View Post
Yes, I have tray to reformat the internal and sd memory and reset to factory the unit
Did you format internal memory via the device's menu?
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-24-2012, 10:39 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@maxpall: You appear to have entries in your SONY db that contain NULL bytes, either deleting the books.db file or reformatting should fix it.
Old 08-25-2012, 06:40 AM   #7
maxpall
maxpall began at the beginning.

Device: Sony TS1
Actually, this is what I thought but deleting the books.db did not work. I then tried to reformat the internal memory, and now it works well!

Only, the first time I restarted, it was giving an error because it looked for an unexisting table 'collections'. I then just created a couple (one for the internal, one for the SD) collections on my device and after that everything is in order!

Great! Thanks for the advice, and for the excellent software, Kovid!

Max
maxpall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 11:31 PM   #8
andreacos

@dwanthny
Thanks for reply
Yes, i format internal memory via the device's menu and sd card memory too
So i do not what to do
The strange thing is that the program management of the Sony works well but I much prefer to use Calibre, for reasons known to all ... besides the fact that my entire library was transferred in Calibre (over 600 books ...)
Old 08-25-2012, 11:43 PM   #9
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

If that's an SD card your SD card is probably failling. Try a different SD card, or try it without the SD card.
Old 08-26-2012, 12:02 AM   #10
andreacos

@Govid
yes, i try without SD card, formatting internal memory with the menu option, restoring factory value and finally connect with USB cable
But when i try to send a book to my T1, the problem persist
I had trayed to uninstall completely Calibre and reinstall it, but the problem persist
May be a problem of XP?
Thanks for all
Andrew
Old 08-26-2012, 12:05 AM   #11
andreacos

@Kovid: i'm really sorry...i wrong to write your name again...here in Italy is too soon or too late, according to the points of view
Old 08-26-2012, 12:10 AM   #12
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

There's definitely something weird somewhere, because that error message is essentially saying that a path that does exist, does not exist.