Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Related Tools

Notices

Old 05-19-2011, 01:36 AM   #1
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
Calibre and Dropbox question

I have a new computer, and backed up my Library to an external drive.

I then copied that library back to the new system in the folder in which dropbox would be installed.

I noticed when I opened Calibre that somehow over 100 books did not show up...after looking at the files, they just weren't copied over!

BUT, in my Dropbox account, the books are there...my question is will my dropbox sync with my PC and download the books to my PC that are not there? And then should I just delete the old Library and create a new one, and add the folders again? I've got about 1000 in my library and trying to get the easiest route possible.
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 06:32 AM   #2
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 2020, Kindle PW2
So you are saying the files are in your dropbox but not your pc?? This seems to be a problem with dropbox and not calibre. But I've had similar problems with dropbox, what I do is turn off dropbox and then turn it back on or reboot the computer so that the dropbox sync can start again. Once you are sure dropbox has updated all your files to your pc, then all your books should show up in calibre. However if calibre has already overwritten the database file, does it still recognize the missing books??
nynaevelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-19-2011, 06:39 AM   #3
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
Yes, they are on Dropbox...but not on PC...all is solved though.

If it's missing in Calibre and NOT missing in Dropbox, Dropbox will sync the missing files to your PC. Got them all back!
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 06:41 AM   #4
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 2020, Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhempel24 View Post
Yes, they are on Dropbox...but not on PC...all is solved though.

If it's missing in Calibre and NOT missing in Dropbox, Dropbox will sync the missing files to your PC. Got them all back!
great
nynaevelan is offline   Reply With Quote