Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-02-2011, 11:43 AM   #16
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
On my WinXP machine selecting upgrade opens the download page and closes calibre.
same here, with windows 7 - calibre closes itself - or something closes it!

I also have close to system tray preference enabled.
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 11:52 AM   #17
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
I'm guessing this has something to do with the system tray.

EDIT: Tried it with the system tray icon enabled and I still cannot reproduce

Last edited by kovidgoyal; 04-02-2011 at 11:56 AM.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-02-2011, 12:09 PM   #18
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
I just tried this on another computer with all four combinations of system tray icon on/off and show notification on/off and couldn't reproduce the error. I have to note, though, that calibre-debug didn't open the notification window when I selected it to show, and yes, I did restart Calibre completely after each setting change.

This was 0.7.52 on XP SP3.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 12:28 PM   #19
rusky
rusky began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Calibre has the close to system tray enabled here.
rusky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 02:47 PM   #20
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manichean View Post
I just tried this on another computer with all four combinations of system tray icon on/off and show notification on/off and couldn't reproduce the error. I have to note, though, that calibre-debug didn't open the notification window when I selected it to show, and yes, I did restart Calibre completely after each setting change.

This was 0.7.52 on XP SP3.
the bug/feature/whatever does not bother me but I guess it will only show up in some O/S, when system tray enabled; and that win XP is not one of affected O/S

results so far : that 2 folks with XP cannot reproduce it, 2 folks with WIN 7 can ( 1 x 32 bit, 1 x 64 bit) - & we've yet to hear from any Vista or Mac users

Last edited by cybmole; 04-03-2011 at 02:49 PM.
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-03-2011, 03:16 PM   #21
IcecreamLtDan
Groupie
IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: JetBook Lite, Kobo wireless, Kobo Glo
Well, currently I run Windows 7, however I had a Vista machine that I had Calibre running on until about 3 months ago and I've don't recall any issues where Calibre would shut down when checking or downloading an update.
IcecreamLtDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 03:43 PM   #22
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by IcecreamLtDan View Post
Well, currently I run Windows 7, however I had a Vista machine that I had Calibre running on until about 3 months ago and I've don't recall any issues where Calibre would shut down when checking or downloading an update.
Can you try to replicate the error on Win7? If you can, can you get a debug log? I'm sure that would be of some help for fixing this.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 05:35 PM   #23
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybmole View Post
the bug/feature/whatever does not bother me but I guess it will only show up in some O/S, when system tray enabled; and that win XP is not one of affected O/S

results so far : that 2 folks with XP cannot reproduce it, 2 folks with WIN 7 can ( 1 x 32 bit, 1 x 64 bit) - & we've yet to hear from any Vista or Mac users
I use Windows XP sp3 (32 bit) (as stated in post 7) and it has closed on me at least the last two updates.

I'll start in debug at work tonight and see if it happens there as well.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 07:01 PM   #24
IcecreamLtDan
Groupie
IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: JetBook Lite, Kobo wireless, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manichean View Post
Can you try to replicate the error on Win7? If you can, can you get a debug log? I'm sure that would be of some help for fixing this.
Sorry, I haven't had the error in Windows 7. Guess I didn't make that clear. Was just adding that I hadn't had the error at all, even when I was using Vista.
IcecreamLtDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 07:38 PM   #25
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It did not happen on my Work XP machine.
Old 04-04-2011, 09:09 PM   #26
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
It did not happen on my Work XP machine.
So what is different
Is this an A/V side effect? A Pro vs Home issue
Interactions are a [ ] to find.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 09:38 PM   #27
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
So what is different
Is this an A/V side effect? A Pro vs Home issue
Interactions are a [ ] to find.
I started calibre with
calibre-debug -g 1> log.txt 2>&1
instead of
Start calibre.exe

One difference is I had already installed calibre and all of the updated plugins at home. I use the exact same configuration directory for both machines.

Same OS, same A/V, same delusional user?
Old 04-04-2011, 09:48 PM   #28
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
I started calibre with
calibre-debug -g 1> log.txt 2>&1
instead of
Start calibre.exe

One difference is I had already installed calibre and all of the updated plugins at home. I use the exact same configuration directory for both machines.

Same OS, same A/V, same delusional user?
I have started both ways and not seen it happen on update.
Now, I do see random Windows crash messages: I think it has something to do with disconnecting my device and later reconnecting. It does not always happen, so it may be the User held his face wrong.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote