Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 02-20-2011, 04:10 PM   #1
oecherprinte
Zealot
oecherprinte began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle3 3G, Kindle Paperwhite 2
Question Where can I get french ebooks (from germany)?

Hi,

I would love to read french ebooks on my ebook reader and I am capable of reading mobi or epub format (after conversions).

Can you recommend any ebook shops where I can get french ebooks? I have a german address with a german credit card. So I do not want to struggle with any local restrictions.

Thanks and best regards,

Jens
oecherprinte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 04:57 PM   #2
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
Hallo Jens, maybe this thread helps, especially post 8:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=119149
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-21-2011, 04:31 AM   #3
oecherprinte
Zealot
oecherprinte began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle3 3G, Kindle Paperwhite 2
Thanks for the link, Bill. I already purchased a book from fnac. Although I have to say that french ebooks are VERY expensive compared to the US amazon kindle store ...

Jens
oecherprinte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 05:28 AM   #4
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Yeap. Our idiots publishers still haven't realized they needed to index e-book prices on paperback if paperback is out.
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 06:15 AM   #5
bevdeforges
Addict
bevdeforges ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bevdeforges ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bevdeforges ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bevdeforges ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bevdeforges ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bevdeforges ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bevdeforges ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bevdeforges ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bevdeforges ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bevdeforges ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bevdeforges ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma; Sony PRS600B; Sony 350; Sony T-2
Quote:
Originally Posted by EowynCarter View Post
Yeap. Our idiots publishers still haven't realized they needed to index e-book prices on paperback if paperback is out.
Actually, French p-book prices are generally quite a bit higher than elsewhere, particularly the English speaking countries. Doesn't help that the publishing industry here is protected by that law prohibiting discounts of more than 5% on publisher established prices.
bevdeforges is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-21-2011, 09:36 AM   #6
TheSFReader
Groupie
TheSFReader is just really niceTheSFReader is just really niceTheSFReader is just really niceTheSFReader is just really niceTheSFReader is just really niceTheSFReader is just really niceTheSFReader is just really niceTheSFReader is just really niceTheSFReader is just really niceTheSFReader is just really niceTheSFReader is just really nice

Device: Nook
You may want to check "http://www.ebooksgratuits.com/" for the big selection of classical (public domain) works.
TheSFReader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 09:40 AM   #7
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by bevdeforges View Post
Actually, French p-book prices are generally quite a bit higher than elsewhere, particularly the English speaking countries. Doesn't help that the publishing industry here is protected by that law prohibiting discounts of more than 5% on publisher established prices.
Yeah, that too.
But having the e-book prices 16 euros, when the paperback is available at about 7 euros...
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote