Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-22-2010, 08:46 AM   #1
compmom
compmom began at the beginning.

Device: Sony
Error Communicating with device 600

Same old story I have read elsewhere on forum except the solves did not solve for me. Bummer.

Got Sony-600 a week ago (refurbished as replacement to warranty repairs of 505) Books downloaded well to Calibre (have Ubuntu). Now, Calibre recognizes the library on reader, says reader is connected, but will not transfer from Calibre to reader any books.

Did: tried different usb cables, tried soft reset, tried hard reset, tried other computers including Windows with Sony Library where not recognize anything.

Now what????? Also tried installing latest version of Calibre, could not update reader when in Microsoft because usb not recognized.

After hard reset, which is my last effort to fix this is what I now get:

[Errno 13] Permission denied: '/media/usb0/database/media/books/Lawrenson, Brian'

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/lib/calibre/calibre/gui2/device.py", line 56, in run
self.result = self.func(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
File "/usr/lib/calibre/calibre/gui2/device.py", line 233, in _upload_books
metadata=metadata, end_session=False)
File "/usr/lib/calibre/calibre/devices/prs505/driver.py", line 132, in upload_books
filepath = self.create_upload_path(path, mdata, fname)
File "/usr/lib/calibre/calibre/devices/usbms/device.py", line 852, in create_upload_path
os.makedirs(filedir)
File "/usr/lib/python2.6/os.py", line 157, in makedirs
mkdir(name, mode)
OSError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: '/media/usb0/database/media/books/Lawrenson, Brian'

It does not look, through troubleshooting, to be an os problem since on both ms and ubuntu, not cables, unit fully charged, etc.

One other thing when first put usb into computer the light next to power button only blinks a few times, which I assumes means the device is fully charged?

Thank you!!!!!!!
compmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 08:52 AM   #2
elcreative
Wizard
elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505, 600, 350, 650, Nexus 7, Note III, iPad 4 etc
If blinking then means accessing files internally, nothing to do with charging... that is red light either on or off (and frankly not 100% accurate ) and, if in doubt, I ignore anyway and give a 6-12 hour charge before retrying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by compmom View Post
One other thing when first put usb into computer the light next to power button only blinks a few times, which I assumes means the device is fully charged?

Thank you!!!!!!!
elcreative is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert