Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-15-2007, 03:59 AM   #1
memobug
Connoisseur
memobug began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-500/PRS-505/Kindle DX/iPhone 3G
Thumbs down Sony CONNECT (doesn't!)

I can't seem to authorize my PRS. The popup screen (pictured) keeps telling me that I should wait while the spinning STATUS logo in the left side of the navigation screen is active. Problem is the logo is not spinning. (pic 1). The device mounts and I tried disconnecting and reconnecting, removing the card, chanting, etc.

I also found that the help page for credit card CVV (pic 2) pops up in the main window, destroying the registration process. No way to back up.

Connect is pretty lame.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ADDING_PORTABLE_DEVICE_NOTHING.gif
Views:	353
Size:	15.5 KB
ID:	2942   Click image for larger version

Name:	CVV_NO_POPUP_WINDOW.gif
Views:	352
Size:	19.9 KB
ID:	2943  

Last edited by memobug; 03-15-2007 at 04:03 AM.
memobug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 05:46 AM   #2
flumbo
I got nothin...
flumbo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.flumbo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.flumbo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.flumbo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Are you sure there isn't a close button off to the right on those popovers? On your images, the top menu is cut off on the "log out" item, so there should be more screen space if you scroll right with the bottom scrollbar.

Have you tried using the "back" button (left arrow) on the top left of the browser?

The connect browser isn't very flexible or user-friendly. It probably already authorized your device and is waiting for you to do something. It won't do it by itself. Just like the device will say "do not disconnect while transferring"-- It isn't saying a transfer is in process, just warning you not to unplug it if you are transferring...

Last edited by flumbo; 03-15-2007 at 05:49 AM.
flumbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-15-2007, 10:03 AM   #3
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
It also seems that you are running the CONNECT software at a reduced window size. Maybe there is enough room on your desktop that if you expanded it you could see the rest of the screens as mentioned by flumbo.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 05:30 PM   #4
mdt1007
mdt1007 began at the beginning.

heh, tell me about it. I've been having authorization issues for the past bloody damned three weeks now. lucky for me, after installing vista temporarily (i'd have to go back to my xp after 30 day grace period), I was able to authorize my computer and download the books i've purchased. But it STILL won't authorize my reader.

After speaking on the phone with sony representatives who treat us like children, and finding faults in everything EXCEPT their own software developing incompetence, I've given up and will put my reader away until they come out with a bloody software update in a few months.

This Is The Last Straw.
mdt1007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 02:55 PM   #5
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
... here is someone who has issues authorizing his PC using the CONNECT software:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...threadid=10048
TadW is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-25-2007, 12:18 AM   #6
memobug
Connoisseur
memobug began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-500/PRS-505/Kindle DX/iPhone 3G
Thanks!

With regard to it being a windowing issue, it was definitely not authorizing, as I rebooted and restarted the software several times, then opened and checked the connections and it showed only the PC as being authorized. Finally it did in fact authorize, although I wasn't doing anything differently. It took about 20 tries.

I appreciate the help.

Regards,

Matt
memobug is offline   Reply With Quote