Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-08-2008, 12:12 PM   #1
ZenEngineer
Connoisseur
ZenEngineer has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Sony PRS-505
.lrf titles and author info wrong on Manybooks files

Recently I downloaded a lot of books from Manybooks in .lrf format, replacing the same books I had in .rtf format. Now about half of those .lrf books show up in the 'Books by Author' list and the 'Books by Title' list with the name of the file instead of the metadata that it should have.

Did Manybooks not input that info or is it a problem with my Reader? Is there a program I can use to edit that metadata?

Info: PRS-505 with files drag-and-dropped onto a 2Gb SD card in the Reader.
ZenEngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 12:51 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
lrf-meta, part of calibre
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 02:44 PM   #3
ZenEngineer
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
lrf-meta, part of calibre
I guess it's time to take the plunge into calibre. Thanks.
Old 12-09-2008, 03:39 AM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
The LRF editions at Manybooks are not all that wonderful. The best solution is to download the HTML and then clean that up and convert to the format of your choice.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 05:47 PM   #5
ZenEngineer
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
The LRF editions at Manybooks are not all that wonderful. The best solution is to download the HTML and then clean that up and convert to the format of your choice.
I'm beginning to realize that. It was easy to download a bunch of .lrf when I had high-speed, and because their .lrf were smaller files than my .rtf. Now that I'm getting to know Calibre, I may be doing a lot of conversions myself.
Old 12-09-2008, 05:57 PM   #6
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenEngineer View Post
I'm beginning to realize that. It was easy to download a bunch of .lrf when I had high-speed, and because their .lrf were smaller files than my .rtf. Now that I'm getting to know Calibre, I may be doing a lot of conversions myself.
Those guys do a lot of formats and they do them automatically. So the results are not always the best possible. But they still do a magnificent work (especially as far as their cataloguing goes)
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote