Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 12-10-2013, 02:33 PM   #1186
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
I'm using the Google Play version on my (original) Fire HD. I don't even think there's an Amazon version of Mantano available for my device anymore.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 03:13 PM   #1187
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
I'm using the Google Play version on my (original) Fire HD. I don't even think there's an Amazon version of Mantano available for my device anymore.
Really? I tried to install it on my old fire a few months back and it told me I needed Google. Maybe the newer versions don't require this. I'll give it a shot!
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-10-2013, 03:57 PM   #1188
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Really? I tried to install it on my old fire a few months back and it told me I needed Google. Maybe the newer versions don't require this. I'll give it a shot!
I may have gotten you excited for nothing. If so I apologize. I should have been more clear. I do have Google Play installed on my FireHD. Wasn't aware it might be a requirement (apparently for licensing?), though.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 04:46 AM   #1189
ghostyjack
Guru
ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, 1825PT, Galaxy Tab, One X, TF700T, Aura HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Version 2.4.7 is out. I don't know any specifics, but I know it seems to open quicker and all my books are immediately displayed. Before this version, I would often see "No Books" upon opening and then they'd appear after a delay.
This was discussed in the G+ beta group with Mantano and the change they made that caused it to show no books immediately on launch was deliberate to fix a few issues and they were looking into making a more effective change to this area at a later date. Sounds like they have started to make further changes to this.
ghostyjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 02:57 PM   #1190
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostyjack View Post
This was discussed in the G+ beta group with Mantano and the change they made that caused it to show no books immediately on launch was deliberate to fix a few issues and they were looking into making a more effective change to this area at a later date. Sounds like they have started to make further changes to this.
They need to get the latest version on the Amazon app store. 2.4.0 is version that is still there. I don't know why it takes them forever to get the new app up there.
Advert
Old 12-14-2013, 07:38 AM   #1191
Adoby
Handy Elephant
Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Thinkpad E595, Ubuntu Mate, Huawei Mediapad 5, Bouye Likebook Plus
Version 2.4.0 is still the latest version of Mantano that can handle large libraries without problems on my tablet. I tried to update again, but 2.4.7 still can't handle 4K books, mags and docs in 10 GB. 2.4.0 can, without any issues, except that it takes a while to import.

Newer versions crash and hang.

And now the database formats have diverged, so a full reinstall and reimport is needed to revert back to 2.4.0 after (failed) testing.
Adoby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 09:08 PM   #1192
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
They need to get the latest version on the Amazon app store. 2.4.0 is version that is still there. I don't know why it takes them forever to get the new app up there.
FYI, 2.4.7 is now in the Amazon store.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 09:24 PM   #1193
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
FYI, 2.4.7 is now in the Amazon store.
Yay!!!!
Old 12-18-2013, 02:46 PM   #1194
Barty
doofus
Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Voyage
Is there a way to drop files into a local folder and have mantano pick them up automatically without the extra import step? (I don't want to use their cloud thingy.)

There is a Mantano/books folder but it seems to be treated like any other import folder.
Barty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 02:54 PM   #1195
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barty View Post
Is there a way to drop files into a local folder and have mantano pick them up automatically without the extra import step? (I don't want to use their cloud thingy.)

There is a Mantano/books folder but it seems to be treated like any other import folder.
You have to import your books each time.

What I am using is Calibre Companion with it. I let CC organize my books there is no need to import anything into the Reader app. CC syncs with Calibre as you add the books through a WiFi connection I just use Mantano and Moon+ as Readers and ignore the bookshelf part of the app.

When I want to read a book I open CC and then choose the book and hit read it then asks me which app to read with seeing I have two eReader apps on it and after I choose which one it opens the book in that app.
Old 12-19-2013, 12:28 AM   #1196
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
I have settled on Mantano reader for my Nexus 7, but am still have questions

- Is there a way to change font family? I'd like to be able to check my ebooks with a serif font. I vaguely remember stumbling on a way to download fonts late one night, but I haven't been able to find it again.
- Again, late one night I blundered around experimenting with annotations, and accidentally set some text a different colour and some strike out. But I couldn't work out how to reverse that, and had to delete the ebook and start over.

Thanks in advance.
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 12:51 AM   #1197
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

The easiest way to delete highlights is open the note tab and you can delete them from there. I've lost count how many times I accidentally highlighted something. It's too easy to do.

You can add your own fonts in Mantano. Just place them in the Fonts folder which is located inside the Mantano folder.

To select a different font you just hit the theme button and edit the theme the option to change fonts is in there.
Old 12-20-2013, 01:12 AM   #1198
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks, Blossom

I have my Nexus 7 open with an ebook open in front of me. But I can't find the note tab. There is a window at the bottom of the screen which shows, Annotate, Highlight, Theme, Display, TTS, Dictionary, Search, and Info. Do you mean one of those? Which one? I've messed around with all of them, but can't see anyway to remove highlights and underlines.

How do I get fonts on to the Nexus? Where from?

I'm sorry to be so ignorant.
Old 12-20-2013, 02:29 AM   #1199
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexBell View Post
Thanks, Blossom

I have my Nexus 7 open with an ebook open in front of me. But I can't find the note tab. There is a window at the bottom of the screen which shows, Annotate, Highlight, Theme, Display, TTS, Dictionary, Search, and Info. Do you mean one of those? Which one? I've messed around with all of them, but can't see anyway to remove highlights and underlines.

How do I get fonts on to the Nexus? Where from?

I'm sorry to be so ignorant.
The notes tab can't access from inside a book you have to go to the shelves and it's at the top.

Your best best to check your computer for fonts you may like and check the internet for free fonts.

Each font must be a full family. Have Regular, Bold, Italic and Bold Italics. So that's four font files to one font.

I name mine like this:

TrebuchetFX-Regular.ttf
TrebuchetFX-Bold.ttf
TrebuchetFX-BoldItalic.ttf
TrebuchetFX-Italic.ttf

A good place for free fonts is Google Fonts
Old 12-20-2013, 02:50 AM   #1200
AlexBell
Wizard

Thanks, Blossom

I should have mentioned an added complication: I'm using Mantano in conjunction with the Calibre Companion, so it's making it even more complex.