Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10-26-2012, 12:25 PM   #961
ILB
Groupie
ILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Oasis
I already have a column with the series name, but I also would like to have the volume of the series in an extra column.
For example: http://archiveofourown.org/works/205344
It´s volume "3" of the series "Freak Camp: A Monster By Any Other Name"
I created a new column "series_volume" but how do I fill this column with just the volume?
Old 10-26-2012, 02:06 PM   #962
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILB View Post
I already have a column with the series name, but I also would like to have the volume of the series in an extra column.
For example: http://archiveofourown.org/works/205344
It´s volume "3" of the series "Freak Camp: A Monster By Any Other Name"
I created a new column "series_volume" but how do I fill this column with just the volume?
There isn't a way to do that.

If you want the index to appear as a separate column, use a custom composite column that displays series_index. See the template language manual.
Advert
Old 10-27-2012, 07:52 PM   #963
diremommy
Zealot
diremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: Zenpad S 8, iPad mini 2
Today I started using the plug in to get stories from a new(for me) site- www.twiwrite.net. The problem is EVERY single story I downloaded has the author's name wrong in the author field, and then a completely different author's name put inside the fic itself.

Forgive me is this has been posted before, but is there something I have done wrong, or is it just a glitch? The stories downloaded correctly with flag, and stories from ff.net and twilighted.net seem to work just fine.
Old 10-27-2012, 08:41 PM   #964
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Please provide a few story URLs that you're having this problem with. I tried three twiwrite.net stories at random and they all worked fine for me.

What skin are you using on the website? Sometimes that can make a difference.

Are you using any replace_metadata or include_in_author parameters in personal.ini?
Old 10-27-2012, 09:58 PM   #965
diremommy
Zealot
diremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshes

Here's one:

http://www.twiwrite.net/viewstory.ph...t=ok&warning=1

fic lists author as blacknblu30. calibre lists the author as KT8812, and when I click "view" it lists title/author like this : "My Happily Ever After by lzielkalollypop"

But every single book I got from this site today did this, over 20. And I haven't changed anything in the customizations, that stuff is a bit beyond me. The plug in is exactly how it installed, I think.

I will try a different skin though.

ETA: Skin changed nothing. I'll try uninstalling and reinstalling the plug in next.

ETA2: reinstalling did nothing.

Last edited by diremommy; 10-27-2012 at 10:11 PM.
Advert
Old 10-27-2012, 11:38 PM   #966
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

@diremommy - I see blacknblu30 as the author for that story on the site, in calibre and inside the epub. I get the same results for Plugin, CLI and Web service.

lzielkalollypop and KT8812 are other existing authors on twiwrite.net. That strongly suggests that it's an issue with interpreting the site, rather than an internal issue.

Okay, after trying almost all the other skins first, I found that the MidnightRed skin includes extra author links for Featured/Random Stories. That's the source of the problem. (The MidnightBlue skin doesn't actually work, it appears. I expect that's the one you tried to change to.)

Attached is a version that should correct the issue. Let me know how it works for you.

Update: Changes included in latest release.

Last edited by JimmXinu; 10-28-2012 at 01:44 PM. Reason: Remove obsolete beta versions
Old 10-28-2012, 04:28 AM   #967
ILB
Groupie
ILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipseILB can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
There isn't a way to do that.

If you want the index to appear as a separate column, use a custom composite column that displays series_index. See the template language manual.
Thanks!!
Old 10-28-2012, 01:40 PM   #968
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Version 1.6.16 - 28 Oct 2012
Old 10-28-2012, 03:14 PM   #969
diremommy
Zealot

Quote:
@diremommy - I see blacknblu30 as the author for that story on the site, in calibre and inside the epub. I get the same results for Plugin, CLI and Web service.

lzielkalollypop and KT8812 are other existing authors on twiwrite.net. That strongly suggests that it's an issue with interpreting the site, rather than an internal issue.

Okay, after trying almost all the other skins first, I found that the MidnightRed skin includes extra author links for Featured/Random Stories. That's the source of the problem. (The MidnightBlue skin doesn't actually work, it appears. I expect that's the one you tried to change to.)

Attached is a version that should correct the issue. Let me know how it works for you.

Update: Changes included in latest release.

It seems to be working fine now, thanks!

For what it's worth, when I go to that site, it defaults to the Midnight Blue skin, but I had the same issues no matter the skin I used. Working fine now though, so thanks for your fast work!
Old 10-30-2012, 04:34 PM   #970
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Anybody read Italian?

I received a request to support www.efpfanfic.net, a major fanfic site in Italian. Which I have implemented.

But since I don't read Italian, I could use some testers to make sure I did it right. PI attached.

Thanks.

Last edited by JimmXinu; 10-31-2012 at 04:50 PM. Reason: Remove obsolete beta versions
Old 10-31-2012, 11:48 AM   #971
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Version 1.6.17 - 31 Oct 2012
Old 10-31-2012, 01:56 PM   #972
Firedancer885
Occassional Beta Tester
Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 (wifi only)
Jimm,

please check this story.
http://www.fictionalley.org/authors/bexis/HPATFE.html
I updated the plugin to the newest version, restarted calibre and then updated the story. The "Update epub if new chapters" option reduced my 6100+ pages story to 112 pages. Only the newest chapter has any text in it. All the preceding 87 chapters contain the chapter number and title and nothing else.
Old 10-31-2012, 02:11 PM   #973
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

I'll look into it, but no promises. fictionalley.org allows the most atrocious and inconsistent HTML content.

In the meantime, run it as a overwrite instead of an update to get the full story back.
Old 10-31-2012, 02:14 PM   #974
Firedancer885
Occassional Beta Tester
Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 (wifi only)
Quote:
I'll look into it, but no promises. fictionalley.org allows the most atrocious and inconsistent HTML content.

In the meantime, run it as a overwrite instead of an update to get the full story back.
Thanks, already did.
Old 10-31-2012, 04:54 PM   #975
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

@Firedancer885 - I believe this version addresses the issue you found.

Mind you, it addresses it by cleaning up the HTML when it's downloaded in the first place. So existing epubs that already contain the same type of poor HTML may still have the same problem. But it should fix it moving forward.
Attached Files
File Type: zip FanFictionDownLoader.zip (608.6 KB, 157 views)
Closed Thread