Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 06-19-2011, 02:51 PM   #166
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lestatar View Post
Wimbledon
Yay!!!!! Go Serena & Venus and Andy Murray. I know the ladies might not go far due to their recent illnesses ans injuries but I still wish them the very best!

-----

Cantaloupe
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 06:01 PM   #167
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
paper knife
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-19-2011, 06:14 PM   #168
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Earphones
Old 06-19-2011, 09:10 PM   #169
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
macaroni
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 10:29 PM   #170
lestatar
LB's lolz Mutt Minion
lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, GalaxyTab, BB Bold9700, BB 8300, Sony Clie, Palm Vx, Palm III
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyssa View Post
Yay!!!!! Go Serena & Venus and Andy Murray. I know the ladies might not go far due to their recent illnesses ans injuries but I still wish them the very best!...SNIPPED...
INSERT MAJOR THREAD DERAILMENT HERE:
Oh Nyssa, please don't hate me but as a lifelong tennis fanatic I gotta be honest...as much as I respect the Williams' sisters talents on court, ladies tennis needs new blood at the very top. They have accomplished so much already - I would hate to see them stay in the game overly long and tarnish their awesome records of Slam wins. Nothing is more tragic in sports than top athletes who are unable to step away. They still got time, but I want to see new blood.

Not really new, but I do see Maria making a big dent at Wimbledon. She should not have lost to Na Li at Roland Garros, though Na Li played the match and tournament of her life. Good for her - all of China was behind her and that's a lotta people

Murray - what can I say? I hope he can overcome Tim Henman Syndrome - the weight of an entire nation is on his shoulders, a nation that has enjoyed so much tennis success in the distant past. Wimbledon and US Open are his best chances for a Slam.

But not this year...'cause Fed ain't done.

Fed will win Wimbledon 2011 or I consider going vegetarian and sparing poohbear and his gang... lol

lawn tennis
lestatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-19-2011, 10:36 PM   #171
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
whoopie pie
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 10:42 PM   #172
Nyssa
Series Addict

Quote:
INSERT MAJOR THREAD DERAILMENT HERE:
Oh Nyssa, please don't hate me but as a lifelong tennis fanatic I gotta be honest...as much as I respect the Williams' sisters talents on court, ladies tennis needs new blood at the very top. They have accomplished so much already - I would hate to see them stay in the game overly long and tarnish their awesome records of Slam wins. Nothing is more tragic in sports than top athletes who are unable to step away. They still got time, but I want to see new blood.

Not really new, but I do see Maria making a big dent at Wimbledon. She should not have lost to Na Li at Roland Garros, though Na Li played the match and tournament of her life. Good for her - all of China was behind her and that's a lotta people

Murray - what can I say? I hope he can overcome Tim Henman Syndrome - the weight of an entire nation is on his shoulders, a nation that has enjoyed so much tennis success in the distant past. Wimbledon and US Open are his best chances for a Slam.

But not this year...'cause Fed ain't done.

Fed will win Wimbledon 2011 or I consider going vegetarian and sparing poohbear and his gang... lol

lawn tennis
The Williams sisters are how I was introduced to tennis, so I will support them until they're in wheelchairs. Plus, there have been no other women in the field that have kept my attention the way they have. I like a few of the up and comers, but the veterans just make me shrug.

I've been a Murray fan for 3 years now (since the summer of '08). I can't wait to see him win his first Major.

As for Fed, I stopped following him a little over a year ago. I was a serious fan for a while but things changed. One reason is because he's won everything there is to win, but the main reason is his attitude. I don't mind a champion being a little cocky; by all rights he's earned it, but, to be so dismissive of his opponents. Worse than that, making excuse after excuse for a losing streak...and again dismissing his opponents. It just left a bad taste...The only player, of late, that I've seen Fed be respectful to has been Rafa, and it would not surprise me if it was because Rafa took Fed's place.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
whoopie pie

Ajax

Last edited by Nyssa; 06-20-2011 at 08:46 AM. Reason: grammatical issues
Old 06-19-2011, 11:26 PM   #173
lestatar
LB's lolz Mutt Minion
lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

^ lol...I will start another thread about tennis Fair points all Nyssa, but I submit for your consideration:

IMO/IME, to be a champion at anything absolutely requires a certain level of arrogance. This is a fundamental part of the winning mindset and all champions have this quality to some degree or another.

anyhoo...

Ajax --> cholesterol

Last edited by lestatar; 06-19-2011 at 11:29 PM.
Old 06-20-2011, 12:11 AM   #174
Nyssa
Series Addict

Quote:
^ lol...I will start another thread about tennis
That sounds like a great idea...Please let me know where and when.

Quote:
Ajax --> cholesterol

Vacuum Cleaner
Old 06-20-2011, 01:09 AM   #175
amward
Wizard
amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Eco Eclipse, Sony PRS 350 (pink), Ipod Touch, Kindle Touch
monkey
amward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 01:10 AM   #176
lestatar
LB's lolz Mutt Minion

blueberry muffins

@Nyssa: your wish is my command
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...37&postcount=1

Last edited by lestatar; 06-20-2011 at 01:15 AM.
Old 06-20-2011, 02:42 AM   #177
TenaciousBadger
Mrawr?
TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle 3 wifi
cupboard

EDIT: @lestatar: you can't really be complaining about the Williams sisters and women's tennis needing new blood and ignore the fact that the men's side of the tennis board has been dominated by the same names for well... 6/7 years? Federer's been there for more.

Last edited by TenaciousBadger; 06-20-2011 at 03:33 AM.
TenaciousBadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 03:30 AM   #178
lestatar
LB's lolz Mutt Minion

Lo-jack
Old 06-20-2011, 05:27 AM   #179
Javed
Grand Sorcerer
Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO, iPod Touch, PRS-650
tower
Javed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 10:34 AM   #180
lestatar
LB's lolz Mutt Minion

Quote:
Originally Posted by TenaciousBadger View Post
cupboard

EDIT: @lestatar: you can't really be complaining about the Williams sisters and women's tennis needing new blood and ignore the fact that the men's side of the tennis board has been dominated by the same names for well... 6/7 years? Federer's been there for more.
damm...I was hoping no one would notice

Tags
disassociation, game, mouse, play, word