Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 02-05-2013, 07:44 AM   #151
jbcohen
Wizard
jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung A21
How many of us are going to make a dent in that to be read stack? Unfortunately I have not managed to hold that down too much, participated in a few free readings threads and the books were multiplying like rabbits.
jbcohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 07:51 AM   #152
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
^Happiness is a warm pile of books?
HomeInMyShoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-05-2013, 07:53 AM   #153
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Libra H20, Kobo Aura One, KoboMini
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrangerhere View Post
Just sitting down on a stormy night to start Speaking from Among the Bones, the fifth book in the Flavia deLuce mysteries. Since reading the first one, I've read every succeeding one as soon as it was released, and I am excited to start this one.
Finished both this title and Willa Cather's My Antonia last night. I continue to adore little Flavia and her penchant for poisons. Cather was excellent as usual.

Moving on to F. Scott Fitzgerald's Jazz Age Stories and Ernest Hemingway's In Our Time.
astrangerhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 08:01 AM   #154
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I have't made a good start on my challenge. But I still hope to end up at the end of the year with by TBR showing a net reduction.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 08:18 AM   #155
hidari
MR Drone
hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360+, Huawei MP5, Libra H20
My Antonia....read that years ago...great book...

Quote:
Finished both this title and Willa Cather's My Antonia last night. I continue to adore little Flavia and her penchant for poisons. Cather was excellent as usual.

Moving on to F. Scott Fitzgerald's Jazz Age Stories and Ernest Hemingway's In Our Time.
hidari is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-06-2013, 09:44 AM   #156
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Finished book number ten. Only thirty-four more years to go.
HomeInMyShoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 11:37 AM   #157
Dazrin
Wizard
Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, various Android devices
5 books and 3,055 pages down including one 32 page long "book". The books I have read so far this year have been excellent and/or long anticipated, so I have been devouring them. This rate won't keep up I am sure since I am mostly out of the "must read now" books on my list.
Dazrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 01:44 AM   #158
Krykorya
Nameless Being

I'm still trying to work out exactly what I'd like to achieve this year. I've set up the goal counter on GoodReads to reflect an objective of fifty books, but I read at a fairly slow pace, so it's a certainty that I won't make that. I'd rather not have a 'read x books' or 'read x pages' kind of goal - perhaps something in the realm of 'read one book from genres x, y and z' would be feasible. I'm going through the list thread and trying to find the kinds of goals that I like - my biggest setback is the goals that I'd like to set (for instance, reading the entirety of The Wheel Of Time) are too big to accomplish in fifty-two weeks at my reading pace.
Old 02-08-2013, 02:33 AM   #159
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
I finally completed my 3rd book of the year: A Town Like Alice (bringing my pages read total to 953).
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 09:16 PM   #160
jbcohen
Wizard
jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung A21
I can definitely second home in my shoes when he says that Happiness is a warm pile of books, however let's hope that they are not too warm. As EZ reader used to say back in the 70s "I groove on all the words." If any of us are old enough to remember 70s slang we will know what the verb to grove translates to common english as.

Last edited by jbcohen; 02-12-2013 at 11:59 AM.
jbcohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 06:26 AM   #161
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcohen View Post
I can definetly second home in my shoes when he says that Happiness is a warm pile of books, however let's hope that they are not too warm. As EZ reader used to say back in the 70s "I grove on all the words." If any of us are old enough to remember 70s slang we will know what the verb to grove translates to commone english as.
I'm old enough to remember, but I've never heard of that slang. You don't mean "groove" do you?
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 04:33 PM   #162
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:

Finished Ernest Hemingway's In Our Time this morning. Not sure what i'll add next.
Old 02-09-2013, 06:52 PM   #163
Spacechik
Enthusiast
Spacechik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spacechik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spacechik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spacechik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spacechik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spacechik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spacechik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spacechik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spacechik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spacechik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spacechik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3g WiFi
Good Saturday all. Another year, another CHALLENGE! I usually lurk in both MR and Goodreads forums, picking up great book suggestions from all ya'll. Eeooww, that sounds creepy, huh? FYI, I'm not a troll. I am an avid reader. I loved the DRESDEN series so I like urban fantasy books mostly. I have read everyone of Butcher's books twice so I decided I'd try other 'series'. I sorta like Kim Harrison's Rachel Morgan series. Also, I've already read all of the current Sookie Stackhouse books this year, and the YA Pittacus Lore books (I am Number 4, et al). I'm not YA but I like the plot concept and they are fast reads. I've started the GREYFRIAR series but so far I'm unimpressed, although the audio version of the first book read by James Marsters kept me company in December. I hope to be able to read 100 books this year. I have a good start but I'm really bad at keeping count!! I have decided I like the audio books that I can 'read' on the way to work. Butcher's COLD DAYS was fabulous (both the plot and the narration). I've recently purchased Kadrey's Sandman Slim series..the first 3 books read by Macleod Andrews. I look forward to participating in this forum more this year. I like reading the various posts and opinions, and as I said I pick up some good information here. I still like the physical feel of books and the action of turning the pages. They also allow rereads. Audio books, not so much. Still, I love reading. Good day, all.
Spacechik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:59 AM   #164
fantasyfan
Wizard
fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, 4G, iPad Air 2, iPhone IE
I finished Rip Foster Rided the Gray Planet and with the help of the Book Club selections, I should make better time on my challenge goal than I would have expected.

Last edited by fantasyfan; 02-11-2013 at 11:06 AM.
fantasyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 02:03 PM   #165
astrangerhere
Professor of Law

Just started Lev Grossman's The Magicians.