Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 12-28-2007, 06:36 AM   #1
Mythic
Mythic began at the beginning.

Device: None yet
Wrong date

Hej,
I have realized that all files stored on my cybook have a wrong date: They all show one month less, for example if I copy a file today it will show 2007-11-28 in the library. It happens with different computers or ways how to store the file in the device (use internal memory, sd card) so it looks like cybooks internal clock is wrong

Anybody has experienced the same problem and knows how to solve it? This bug causes problem with date based activation: the book I have downloaded today from the local library will be active in one month.
Mythic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 06:59 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
If you run the latest version of MobiPocket Reader on your PC and then connect the CyBook, it should set the clock correctly. However, it will lost when you switch the CyBook off. If you're using "time expiring" library books, you really need to leave the CyBook switched on.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-28-2007, 07:29 AM   #3
Mythic

Thanks for the tip. I have used mobipocket reader to copy the book and I am 99% sure, that I have nto switched the device off when unplugging and trying to read the book. But I will give it a try.
Old 12-29-2007, 06:39 AM   #4
Mythic

Nope, it does not work. The book description in library still shows the old date and I get the error "The book is not active yet" when trying to open it.
Old 12-29-2007, 10:15 AM   #5
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
I have the same problem. I borrowed a book from the Fictionwise library, and my Cybook also claims 'This book is not active yet' when I try to read it. It makes no difference whether I copy the book to the Cybook using Windows or by using Send To from within Mobipocket Reader.
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-29-2007, 11:08 AM   #6
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
And you are using version 6.1? According to this thread:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16165

6.1beta worked.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 11:21 AM   #7
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
And you are using version 6.1? According to this thread:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16165

6.1beta worked.
That's what I was basing my reply on, too .
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 11:33 AM   #8
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yes, I am using the latest beta, build 594 from Dec 7.
Old 12-29-2007, 12:10 PM   #9
Mythic

I have tried both mobipocket 6.1 and 6.2beta and neither of them work
Old 12-29-2007, 01:19 PM   #10
mbovenka
Wizard

I have looked at it some more, and the creation times on the flash are in fact correct both of the ebook itself and of the metafile that keeps the bookmark info and such. This means that the issue is not with the clock of the Cybook, or at least the time of the bookmark file would be off.

The problem is in the Cybook application, as the date in the library display is off by a month. My time-limited Mobi file gets checked against that same off-by-one-month internal date, it looks like.

So I don't think an update of the PC end of things is going to make a difference in this case.
Old 12-31-2007, 12:28 AM   #11
ProfJulie
Evangelist
ProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-books

Device: whatever
I checked a book out tonight and copied it to my Cybook Gen3. I am using Mobipocket 6.1. The book synced fine, but I get the same "The Book is not active yet" message.

Upon examination, I see that there are three files associated with every eBook on the Cybook Gen3: an mbp, prc, and t2b file. The mbp and prc file get transferred from the computer and the t2b file gets created by the Cybook - this file is the picture of the book cover. If you delete this file, Cybook just recreates it. The mbp & prc files have the correct date on them. The t2b file date is wrong - it shows a date of 12/16/2008. The problem is the t2b file, definitely a Cybook issue and not a Mobipocket or syncing issue. Bookeen will need to address this in a firmware update.
ProfJulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 06:19 AM   #12
IceHand
Linux User
IceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Kindle 3
Does Bookeen know about this bug? If not, somone should contact them via e-mail.
IceHand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 06:53 AM   #13
mbovenka
Wizard

The .mbp file isn't transferred by the PC, at least not here. I looked at the flash right after the Send, and only the PRC was there at that point. After trying to open it, the thumbnail file was created, in my case with a date of 5-3-2007... However, the date displayed in the Library is still simply off by one month (shows the 31st of Nov.).

I'll contact Bookeen.
Old 12-31-2007, 08:02 AM   #14
mbovenka
Wizard

I popped off a mail to support@bookeen.com about this.

And about something else as well: popup notes in Mobi ebooks are not displayed when they are too large to fit on the screen. Instead, the Cybook goes to the 'Scanning library' screen (the three dots & reader one) and drops into the library. Opening the book again leaves you at the last page synced to the bookmark file, which isn't always the actual last page read :-(

We'll see what develops.
Old 01-01-2008, 02:58 PM   #15
ProfJulie
Evangelist
ProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-books

Device: whatever
I sent an email to Bookeen about this issue this morning.
ProfJulie is offline   Reply With Quote