Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 02-09-2013, 11:18 AM   #1
SandrarainsD
SandrarainsD began at the beginning.

Device: none
Your last Breath By sandra Rains DeBusk

http://www.insearchoftheuniversaltru..._9781615000289

Mommy's hair began to fall out little by little, from chemotherapy and radiation treatments. She would complain that it got into her mouth at times while she was trying to eat or that it got on my brother's furniture. She was the kind of person that was so thoughtful and so concerned. She cared more about ruining my brother's furniture than having to eat her hair during meals. Mommy asked me to cut her hair way down, to make it so short that it would no longer be noticeable when it fell out. I had always cut my mamma's hair. Even when I was younger, mom would ask me to cut her hair, so when she asked me this time, I didn't refuse her. Each clip caused her hair to fall to the floor. Normally I wouldn't think twice about this reaction to an action, cut hair falling to the floor, but this time the circumstances were different, it was my dying mamma's hair. I hurriedly gathered it all up into one small pile because I knew I would be saving every strand. After I was finished cutting I looked at her, she was looking at me smiling and then I broke. Never had I ever cut all of my mamma's hair right down to the scalp! I dropped down in front of her onto my knee's and laid my head on her lap and I cried. "I am so sorry mommy!" She kept rubbing my head and trying to soothe me, telling me it would be alright.

Last edited by pdurrant; 02-09-2013 at 11:29 AM.
SandrarainsD is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
book choices, death, grief, sorrow