Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 12-22-2012, 02:19 PM   #1
Guyverix
Guyverix shines like a glazed doughnut.Guyverix shines like a glazed doughnut.Guyverix shines like a glazed doughnut.Guyverix shines like a glazed doughnut.Guyverix shines like a glazed doughnut.Guyverix shines like a glazed doughnut.Guyverix shines like a glazed doughnut.Guyverix shines like a glazed doughnut.Guyverix shines like a glazed doughnut.Guyverix shines like a glazed doughnut.Guyverix shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Touch, Kindle App
Bulk conversion in Calibre

I have been attempting to figure out a way to bulk convert my books into mobi format inside Calibre itself. I would like to do it there rather than using an outside script so the database will be in synch with what is in place. I simply cannot figure out how to sort the books so that all books with format != MOBI are displayed. I dont want to dupe stuff that I have already converted, or make the ORIGIONAL_MOBI stuff.

Any suggestions on what I am missing?

formats:"!=MOBI" does not suppress the matching books in the listing when I do a search..
Guyverix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 03:34 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guyverix View Post
I have been attempting to figure out a way to bulk convert my books into mobi format inside Calibre itself. I would like to do it there rather than using an outside script so the database will be in synch with what is in place. I simply cannot figure out how to sort the books so that all books with format != MOBI are displayed. I dont want to dupe stuff that I have already converted, or make the ORIGIONAL_MOBI stuff.

Any suggestions on what I am missing?

formats:"!=MOBI" does not suppress the matching books in the listing when I do a search..
Use the Tag browser with the tag browser set to Match All (at the bottom)
Click (Formats) Original_mobi until a Red Minus appears.

now hold down the control key and click Mobi
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-22-2012, 09:32 PM   #3
Guyverix
Guyverix shines like a glazed doughnut.Guyverix shines like a glazed doughnut.Guyverix shines like a glazed doughnut.Guyverix shines like a glazed doughnut.Guyverix shines like a glazed doughnut.Guyverix shines like a glazed doughnut.Guyverix shines like a glazed doughnut.Guyverix shines like a glazed doughnut.Guyverix shines like a glazed doughnut.Guyverix shines like a glazed doughnut.Guyverix shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Touch, Kindle App
That got it! Thank you very much!
Guyverix is offline   Reply With Quote