Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 12-01-2011, 01:43 PM   #1
Barty
doofus
Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Voyage
Sending books to my kindle crashes calibre

Don't know when this started, but now whenever I send a book to a kindle 3 or kindle touch calibre crashes. I've updated to latest version.

Book conversion is fine. It crashes when send. Manually uploading files through explorer works. I still have 2G+ free space.

crash details

Code:
Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:	BEX
  Application Name:	calibre.exe
  Application Version:	0.8.28.0
  Application Timestamp:	4ecf0d55
  Fault Module Name:	MSVCR90.dll
  Fault Module Version:	9.0.30729.6161
  Fault Module Timestamp:	4dace5b9
  Exception Offset:	0005bbb6
  Exception Code:	c0000417
  Exception Data:	00000000
  OS Version:	6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
  Locale ID:	1033
  Additional Information 1:	a875
  Additional Information 2:	a8753ed3d49ae1e34d65b904b770a23d
  Additional Information 3:	ac35
  Additional Information 4:	ac359a3cc60034b2d617fbe0dd1e6e0e
Barty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 09:16 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Go to preferences->plugins and disable the PDF metadata reader and writer plugins. You've likely got a corrupted PDF file that is causing the PDF library calirbe uses to crash.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-02-2011, 04:54 PM   #3
Barty
doofus
Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Sorry, it still crashes. I'm trying to send a mobi, not pdf.

a different issue: I have "No SVG cover" checked in epub option, but calibre still generates

Code:
            <svg xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg" xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink" version="1.1" width="100%" height="100%" viewBox="0 0 500 500" preserveAspectRatio="none">
                <image width="500" height="500" xlink:href="cover.jpg"/>
            </svg>
which Stanza (iPad) doesn't grok. It needs the src attribute. I know, I should stop using Stanza, but I still like it the best.
Old 12-02-2011, 09:37 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Remember that you have to set the setting in the individual books conversion options if you have previously converted the book, see http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/conv...for-conversion

Try running calibre in debug mode (right click preferences) that may give us more info about the crash.
Old 12-03-2011, 01:30 AM   #5
Barty
doofus

It looks like if I set default output to epub, the epub generated from a recipe has svg cover, i.e., that setting is ignored. If I set default output to mobi then convert to epub, then no svg cover as expected.

I tried fetching a recipe I've never used before. Same result.

I attached the debug log. There are some odd font errors but the log stops at uploading the file so I don't know if it's any help.

It IDs my device as kindle2 although I have a kindle 3. I don't know if that matters.
Attached Files
File Type: txt tmpt_cozy.txt (5.5 KB, 351 views)
Advert
Old 12-03-2011, 01:54 AM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

You've got a bunch of invalid files in your c:\windows\fonts folder. Delete them and you should be fine. Alternatively try leaving calibre running for about half an hour then restart it, and then connect your Kindle.

News downloads dont respect the SVG cover setting.
Old 12-04-2011, 04:44 PM   #7
Barty
doofus

I removed C:\Users\xxxx\AppData\Roaming\calibre and started over clean. that did it. must have been a bad plugin.