Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 08-16-2011, 07:48 PM   #31
metal1369
Enthusiast
metal1369 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermetal1369 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermetal1369 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermetal1369 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermetal1369 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermetal1369 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermetal1369 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermetal1369 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermetal1369 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermetal1369 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermetal1369 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 7" wifi
amazon is naughty, never knew they would do that. will be uninstalling amazon app store.
thanks for the info on appslibs
metal1369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 10:44 PM   #32
zespectre
BookMonkey
zespectre might easily be mistaken for a Texanzespectre might easily be mistaken for a Texanzespectre might easily be mistaken for a Texanzespectre might easily be mistaken for a Texanzespectre might easily be mistaken for a Texanzespectre might easily be mistaken for a Texanzespectre might easily be mistaken for a Texanzespectre might easily be mistaken for a Texanzespectre might easily be mistaken for a Texanzespectre might easily be mistaken for a Texanzespectre might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Device: NOOK, iPod Touch, Asus Netbook
If you are using Calibre on a computer to handle your eBook library, then the Android App "Calibre Library" (see this link) works great for me for doing wifi browsing and transfer of books onto my Galaxy Tab.

Not quite as neat a solution as the integrated browsing my iPod Touch has with Stanza, but still far better than plugging in by cable.

So basically I Use Calibre to organize on the pc, "Calibre Library" to move books to my Tab, and Aldiko to read.

I did a writeup on my Galaxy Tab here on my site. The bottom lists some of the apps I've found to be "a cut above".
zespectre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 12:59 AM   #33
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by metal1369 View Post
amazon is naughty, never knew they would do that. will be uninstalling amazon app store.
thanks for the info on appslibs
I have updated the Android page on our wiki with even more info and more sources of apps.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 02:48 AM   #34
metal1369
Enthusiast
metal1369 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermetal1369 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermetal1369 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermetal1369 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermetal1369 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermetal1369 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermetal1369 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermetal1369 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermetal1369 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermetal1369 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermetal1369 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

@zespectre ty for the additional info.

@DaleDe how come Facebook for Android is incompatible with my galaxy tab? i was searching for it via wifi on my sgt and i can't find it, i used my pc to search for it and it said "This app is incompatible with your Samsung GT-P1010."

is it the firmware of the device or the android version i have that is causing this?
firmware is 2.2.1
android is froyo

thank you
Old 08-17-2011, 10:37 AM   #35
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by metal1369 View Post
@DaleDe how come Facebook for Android is incompatible with my galaxy tab? i was searching for it via wifi on my sgt and i can't find it, i used my pc to search for it and it said "This app is incompatible with your Samsung GT-P1010."

is it the firmware of the device or the android version i have that is causing this?
firmware is 2.2.1
android is froyo

thank you
I have found at least 3 Facebook apps, at least one of them should work for you. The one with the best features seems to be dog slow but others work better. You should be able to use your browser, with a large screen app it should work fine. I have no idea why that particular app should complain. I have found that Samsung has started their own apps store.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 09:26 PM   #36
metal1369
Enthusiast

thanks again DaleDe, should great help.

Tags
ebook, galaxy, samsung