Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-15-2010, 03:31 PM   #1
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Image AR in Calibre EPUB Viewer

I've got an image in an img tag that has class = "calibre2"
The .css file has this:
Code:
.calibre2 {
height:auto;
max-width:100%;
min-width:100%;
width:auto;
}
When viewed as html in FireFox, in a variable size window, the width of the image is always equal to the width of the window and aspect ratio remains constant. This is true, even when the window width exceeds the image width. That is the behavior I want - constant AR. If the FF window is enlarged on a wide screen monitor, the image is enlarged/zoomed at a constant aspect ratio, even if a portion of the image disappears off the bottom.

The bottom part of the image can be viewed by scrolling down in the window. This is useful for comics, where taller comics have multiple panels above and below. Stretching the window allows one to zoom in to read the comic strip.

The same thing happens when that file is viewed as an EPUB (same CSS file) in EPUBReader within FireFox. Both operate the way I want them to operate.

However, when that EPUB is viewed in the Calibre reader, it behaves differently. As the window is stretched, the image increases in size, with constant AR, only up to a limit. After that limit is reached, the height no longer increases, while the width does. The AR begins to change and the image distorts. I believe the height stops increasing when it is 100% of the actual image height.

I'd like to get the Calibre EPUB viewer to operate the same way as EPUBReader and FF/html. I'm not sure, however, whether the Calibre EPUB viewer is doing it wrong, or if this is undefined. Is this something that should be considered a bug in the Calibre EPUB viewer, or can I adjust the CSS in some way to achieve the same behavior as in FF and EPUBReader?

Comments are welcome.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 03:52 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
the calibre epub viewer tries to always keep images to fit in the visible window. There's a preference in the viewer preferences to control this behavior.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 05:58 PM   #3
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
There's a preference in the viewer preferences to control this behavior.
That fixed it. Thanks!
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote