Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 05-08-2010, 02:10 PM   #1
slainte
Zealot
slainte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slainte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slainte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slainte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slainte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slainte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slainte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slainte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slainte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slainte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slainte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
problem with sony 505 or not - unsure

I have used calibre very sucessafully so far with the reader. However at present I am having problems with a couple of books I have converted to epub. I have version 0.6.45. They read ok until the mid section and then the reader starts itself up again and goes back to menu and the reader does not even remember that it is the last book. Would anyone know what the problem is? it is a sony reader 505. Not sure if it is format or reader and it has happened on a couple of books. Any advice appreciated
slainte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 02:47 PM   #2
cmdahler
Addict
cmdahler can name that song in three notescmdahler can name that song in three notescmdahler can name that song in three notescmdahler can name that song in three notescmdahler can name that song in three notescmdahler can name that song in three notescmdahler can name that song in three notescmdahler can name that song in three notescmdahler can name that song in three notescmdahler can name that song in three notescmdahler can name that song in three notes

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
While I don't know what specific issue causes this, I suspect it is more a bug in the Sony firmware than with the ePub. I had that happen a number of times on my 505, so you're not alone. I never had it happen on a PDF, but some epubs would certainly cause it to crash now and then. I remember at least one particular epub (although I can't remember the title) would crash the 505 every time. With a couple of other files, the machine would reboot the first time the epub was opened, but thereafter it would work just fine.
cmdahler is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-08-2010, 09:35 PM   #3
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by slainte View Post
However at present I am having problems with a couple of books I have converted to epub. I have version 0.6.45. They read ok until the mid section and then the reader starts itself up again and goes back to menu and the reader does not even remember that it is the last book.
Some html code causes the ADE code in the 505 to reboot the reader. Try opening up the epub to the exact area using Sigil. Find the offending code or element and remove it. Sorry I can't be more specific. I was successful with this the one time I tried it. I removed what looked different and it worked.

Good Luck with my none instructions.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 02:37 PM   #4
slainte
Zealot
slainte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slainte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slainte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slainte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slainte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slainte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slainte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slainte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slainte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slainte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slainte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Thank you both for your posts. I converted the books to LRF instead and have been able to read them in full. It is obviously a glitch with the Sony and epub.
slainte is offline   Reply With Quote