Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 01-06-2011, 11:15 PM   #1
coeus
Edge User

security

Is there password protection with my new pocket edge? If not is there going to be?

Old 01-07-2011, 12:56 AM   #2
cheyennedonna
Edge User

For a security app look here http://www.estrongs.com/en/download.html

Advert
Old 03-24-2011, 10:31 PM   #3
Qwill
Edge User

I installed this app, but can t figure how its working.
I set up a gesture password, but when I awake the PE, I am able to unlock the screen without having to enter a password... Any hints ??

I am going through all the forums thread by thread ... a lot of info ! Thanks all for all these contributions. It really makes me enjoying the PE more and more !
Qwill

Old 03-25-2011, 10:30 AM   #4
STL Droid
Edge User

Qwill, I have the same problem. The estrongs product seems to only protect individual programs.

Cheyennedona, am I using it incorrectly? Is there a way to do an overall device access password? My phones, my Archos 5IT, all allow pattern password protection before you can even view the home screen. I don't know what this isn't available on the PE, but is there any program that allows for "start-up" password protection for the device, not just selected programs?

Thanks,

Old 03-25-2011, 02:30 PM   #5
sarah11918
Edge User

I use some kind of settings program where one of the settings is a main lock (but a swiping thing connecting dots rather than a numeric code). I'm just booting up now to check on the name.

Advert
Old 03-25-2011, 02:34 PM   #6
sarah11918
Edge User

It's called "MySettings", and the settings appear to be: ringer mode, brightness, unlock pattern, wifi, gps location, bluetooth, auto sych, auto rotate, never power down, airplane mode, cell location, network mode.

Of course, you can't use all those settings on the edge, but you can set a lock "pattern" (random lines connecting dots on a grid) and you do have to swipe the pattern before you can access the whole machine after a power on or waking from sleep.

Old 05-16-2011, 02:15 AM   #7
DigitalAdrian
Edge User

Kinda sucks that they don't let you do this by default on the device. I also downloaded the "MySettings Pro" program for $0.99 off the Amazon App store, it works on my Android 2.2 on the Pocket Edge.