Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 04-21-2010, 12:10 PM   #1
mikaelalind
Fanatic
mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 505, Cybook Odessey
Thriller deals at Smashwords and Kindle

I have bought a lot of books from Smashwords lately, and several of them are available on Kindle too. And all of them are authors that are new to me.

JD Rhoades:
1.99 dollar at Smashwords and Kindle

DIE HARD meets KEY LARGO in the first e-published novel by the Shamus-Award nominated author of BREAKING COVER and the Jack Keller series. As a hurricane bears down on the luxurious Pass Island resort, waitress Sharon Brennan and her daughter are trapped with some very bad people and a handyman who's more than he seems. Amiable Max may not be a good guy...but he may be just the bad guy they need.

It is a great story, and I really recommend it. A bit different, but in a good way.
JA Konrath:
Oh boy. Where do I start? He have 13 ebooks available at Kindle and Smashwords. Currently at 1.99, but he plans to raise the prize to 2.99 later. I will only mention the ones I have read though.

A Shot of Tequila-A gutsy robbery
Several million bucks, stolen from the mob...
A perfect frame
All caught on video, with no chance of redemption...

A red hot recipe for roaring revenge
Now one man must single-handedly face the entire Chicago Outfit, a group of hardened Mafia enforcers, a psychotic bookie, the most dangerous hitman on earth, and Detective Jacqueline Daniels.

The List ( available for free from his webpage, as a pdf):

Thirty years ago, a top secret government experiment resulted in the birth of ten babies--clones of history's greatest and most infamous figures.

Blissfully unaware of their real identities, a bizarre murder sends them on a path of shocking self-discovery and a life-or-death quest for the truth.

Scott Nicholsson:
Burial to follow- Free at Smashwords. Also available for free here.

When Jacob Ridgehorn dies, it's up to Roby Snow to help Ridgehorn's soul move on to its eternal rest. Roby can only accomplish this through means of a very special pie. And if he doesn't complete the mission, then his own soul will be at stake...

So, there. I have some I haven't read yet. Smashwords is bad for my credit card .
mikaelalind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 11:46 AM   #2
BarryTX
Connoisseur
BarryTX can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'BarryTX can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'BarryTX can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'BarryTX can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'BarryTX can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'BarryTX can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'BarryTX can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'BarryTX can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'BarryTX can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'BarryTX can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'BarryTX can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

Device: Kindle 2
Thanks for this post. I'm a big Konrath fan and have picked up stuff in the past from his website for free that was being sold inexpensively on book sites. Some of that stuff isn't really as good as his Jack Daniels writings, but for the most part still enjoyable reads. Shot of Tequila was a 99 cent special at one time, it is very good.

I haven't read Rhoades or Nicholsson yet, will take a look at them. Thanks again.
BarryTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 09:01 PM   #3
CarolineNH
Expert napper
CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPad Pro, Kindle Fire 10
Oooh, thanks! Just picked up Storm Surge ($1.99) & Burial to Follow (Free!) at Smashwords. I went to Konrath's website; right now he has the PDF of Whiskey Sour for free!
CarolineNH is offline   Reply With Quote