Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-07-2009, 07:08 PM   #1
DWWSCC
DWWSCC began at the beginning.

Device: FRANKLIN EBM-911
NEW USER HELP WITH CALIBRE PYTHON TRAC FRANKLIN EBM-911

HAVE CALIBRE VERSION 0.6.26 INSTALLED & DOWNLOADED BUT HAVE NOT YET INSTALLED OR RUN 0.6.26X86_64TAR. THIS IS THE MESSAGE I AM GETTING THAT I DID A COPY & PASTE OF. ERROR: ERROR: Unhandled exception:
<b>AttributeError</b>:'NoneType' object has no attribute 'settings'

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 493, in dispatch_sync_event
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'settings'
I AM ALSO HAVING PROBLEMS ON THE INSTALL OF PYTHON26 WHICH I WAS INSTALLING TO BE ABLE TO INSTALL AND USE TRAC WITH CALIBRE. I BOUGHT MY WIFE A FRANKLIN EBM-911 EBOOKMAN READER FOR CHRISTMAS AND HAVE SPENT MANY DAYS JUST BEGINING TO MAKE ANY REAL PROGRESS. IT HAS THE FRANKLIN READER AND MOBIPOCKET SYSTEMS AND MANY OF THE BOOKS I AM TRYING TO CONVERT ARE PDF WITH SOME LIT ECT. I AM RUNNING VISTA HOME PREMIUM 32 BIT? IN CMD THIS IS WHAT IT SHOWED.
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CMD.EXE MICROSOFT WINDOWS [VERSION 6.0.6001] WITH COPYRIGHT, NEXT LINE IS C:\USERS\DOUG>CD C:\PYTHON26 NEXT LINE IS NOT RECOGNIZED AS AN INTERNAL OR EXTERNAL COMMAND, OPERABLE PROGRAM OR BATCH FILE. NEXT LINE IS C:\PYTHON26>EZ_SETUP.PY NEXT LINE IS 'EZ_SETUP' IS NOT RECOGNIZED AS AN INTERNAL OR EXTERNAL COMMAND, OPERABLE PROGRAM OR BATCH FILE. NEXT LINE IS C:\PYTHON26> ALSO C:\USERS\DOUG>CD C:\PYTHON26\SCRIPTS THE NEXT LINE IS THE SYSTEM CANNOT FIND THE PATH SPECIFIED. I MAY HAVE FIXED THIS WHEN I WAS TRYING TO GO BACK AND FIX THE SYSTEM PATH AS INSTRUCTED. CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME, I AM 53 AND DISABLED SO I AM NOT A COMPUTER GENIUS BUT I AM TRYING HARD, ALSO PLEASE FORGIVE ME BUT I NORMALLY TYPE EVERTHING IN UPPERCASE, SORRY.:
DWWSCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 07:47 PM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome to MobileRead, DWWSCC

Hopefully, someone can step in an help you soon.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
calibre, python error, trac