Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-06-2013, 04:44 PM   #271
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by wisecrick View Post
I want it to have Microsoft YaHei, but I don't want YaHei to be a system-wide font as it's very huge.
Is Microsoft licensing that for use on Kindles now?
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 04:52 PM   #272
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Is Microsoft licensing that for use on Kindles now?
Just don't post it on here for pities sake.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 05:03 PM   #273
JimmyR
ɴₐɴ
JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV PW4 PW3 PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by wisecrick View Post
Thank you twobob, but I don't mean to add YaHei to System Fonts and hide it. If I'm right, YaHei will use lots of system memory, and KT's memory is already very tiny.
He's not suggesting you hide it, but in order to use it, you need to enable the use of custom fonts. See:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...23&postcount=8

When you enable custom fonts- with USE_ALT_FONTS- it also enables several other fonts that are hidden by default on the Kindle. Many choose to hide those extra fonts since they take up a lot of the font menu space- leaving little room for extra fonts. The KUAL extension simply hides those extra fonts. See this for more info:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=424

Quote:
I hope the Hacked Up Reader and KoReader will be the only programs that will see YaHei, if possible. It seems KoReader can load its custom fonts
I haven't used KoReader. Hackedup Reader allows you to choose a default font from the currently installed fonts- including user-added fonts.

Edit: Just tried KoReader. Looks like you can just drop your fonts right into KoReaders font folder.

Last edited by JimmyR; 04-06-2013 at 05:39 PM.
JimmyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 07:13 AM   #274
stasys
Zealot
stasys will become famous soon enoughstasys will become famous soon enoughstasys will become famous soon enoughstasys will become famous soon enoughstasys will become famous soon enoughstasys will become famous soon enough

Device: Kobo Glo, Paperwhite
I have noticed, that Cr3 on Kindle (https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=148850) has better rendering engine than this reader, but this reader has better user interface.
Question: would it be possible to implement that rendering engine into this reader?
stasys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 04:53 AM   #275
bhaak
Groupie
bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Palm IIIx, (iPhone|Kindle) Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by stasys View Post
I have noticed, that Cr3 on Kindle (https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=148850) has better rendering engine than this reader, but this reader has better user interface.
Question: would it be possible to implement that rendering engine into this reader?
It's not clear which program you mean exactly as the post you linked to lists 7 different programs (including HackedUpReader itself).

The rendering engine should be the same as all of those are using the Coolreader engine. Although there might be differences because of different versions or maybe different defaults.
bhaak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 05:07 AM   #276
stasys
Zealot
stasys will become famous soon enoughstasys will become famous soon enoughstasys will become famous soon enoughstasys will become famous soon enoughstasys will become famous soon enoughstasys will become famous soon enough

I meant Cr3 by CrazyCoder - https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...89#post2278589
Any text looks more clear.
Old 04-26-2013, 06:24 AM   #277
bhaak
Groupie
bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Quote:
I meant Cr3 by CrazyCoder - https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...89#post2278589
Any text looks more clear.
I can't see hardly a difference between the rendering of CrazyCoder's version and HackedUpReader. But I don't have a PW to test, I can only compare them on the Kindle Touch.

What font are you using? Do you have the improved freetype library installed that is referenced in the first post? That library should be the only thing that would result in a suboptimal rendering.

Everything else should be configurable in the settings. Try changing the different font settings on the first page of the settings menu. "More clear" sounds like tweaking of "Font aliasing" or "Font gamma" could help.
Old 04-26-2013, 07:33 AM   #278
stasys
Zealot

I have PW and I'm compering the fonts which I'm using in all my ebooks sold at www.knygute.lt
The font is DejaVu Sans based and is a bit thicker than original DejaVu Sans.
I know all about font tweaking and yes, it does not help with this version of Cr3 on PW.
So I'm using now CrazyCoder's Cr3 on my PW and waiting for this version fixing.
Old 04-26-2013, 08:28 AM   #279
bhaak
Groupie

Quote:
I have PW and I'm compering the fonts which I'm using in all my ebooks sold at www.knygute.lt
The font is DejaVu Sans based and is a bit thicker than original DejaVu Sans.
If you could provide me with a sample epub that shows this effect, I could try if I find out what's wrong.
Old 11-08-2013, 07:17 AM   #280
soulafein
Enthusiast
soulafein is faster than slow light.soulafein is faster than slow light.soulafein is faster than slow light.soulafein is faster than slow light.soulafein is faster than slow light.soulafein is faster than slow light.soulafein is faster than slow light.soulafein is faster than slow light.soulafein is faster than slow light.soulafein is faster than slow light.soulafein is faster than slow light.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite 2
Hey. Do you plan to release new version of HackedUpReader based on newest CR3 code ?
soulafein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 04:15 PM   #281
bhaak
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulafein View Post
Hey. Do you plan to release new version of HackedUpReader based on newest CR3 code ?
Yes but if I'm not mistaken the coolreader project didn't change a lot of the engine part that HackedUpReader is using.

Every project using the Coolreader code is made up of at least 2 parts. One is the code that parses and decodes the ebook (the so called coolreader engine), the other is displaying the ebook and the interface (the GUI).

There is very little work going on on the coolreader engine as it is already quite mature so don't expect big changes when the next version of HackedUpReader will show up.
Old 05-21-2014, 10:33 AM   #282
bhaak
Groupie

I had a request for HackedUpReader for the PW2. I repackaged version 0.4.0 and it got tested on a PW2 with a jailbroken 5.4.2.

HackedUpReader seems to work fine and it can be started by the document launcher on the home screen or by the KUAL menu entry.

http://bhaak.net/kindle/hackedupreader_0.4.0-pw2.zip

To make it clear, this is not a new release, it's just the last release repackaged, so it can be installed on PW2.
Old 06-12-2014, 02:51 PM   #283
mistseeker
mistseeker began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
Hello, just wanted to ask: Where should I store my files for HackedupReader to open them in PW2? When I go to "open book" it just displays a blank page.

Thanks in advance!
mistseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 04:43 PM   #284
bhaak
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistseeker View Post
Hello, just wanted to ask: Where should I store my files for HackedupReader to open them in PW2? When I go to "open book" it just displays a blank page.
You have to put them into the normal documents folder (/mnt/us/documents/ if you are locked in on the device itself).

But note, HackedUpReader doesn't understand the normal Kindle books, you have to have there epub or fb2 files or any other format that is mention in the topic.
Old 06-28-2014, 09:38 AM   #285
Klapo
Klapo began at the beginning.

Device: PW2, PW3, PW4, PW5SE
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaak View Post
You have to put them into the normal documents folder (/mnt/us/documents/ if you are locked in on the device itself).

But note, HackedUpReader doesn't understand the normal Kindle books, you have to have there epub or fb2 files or any other format that is mention in the topic.
Hello there, can you please reupload somewhere hackedupreader_0.4.0-pw2.zip this package, your host is down.
Klapo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
epub, launcher add-ons