Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-06-2014, 01:59 AM   #1
Sxygrrl
Sxygrrl began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Glo: Sorting by File Size - Help please!

I bought a new Kobo and installed firmware 3.3.0.
I use Calibre 1.43 and have installed the latest version of KoboUtilities.

I am not happy with any of the sorting functions and defaults and have edited the .Conf file but cannot figure out how to sort by file size from LOWEST to highest. It defaults with the largest file being first. I really need this to be reversed.

Does anyone know how I can do this? Is it even possible?
Sxygrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 05:37 PM   #2
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I don't think there is any way to reverse the initial sort order, but once you have sorted by file size from largest to smallest then a left-to-right swipe will take you to the last page of results (the smallest files), and you can page backwards through the results from there.
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-09-2014, 12:53 AM   #3
Sxygrrl
Sxygrrl began at the beginning.

I'm hoping that there is a code or something that I can add to the Conf file because it really doesn't seem logical that you can't adjust something as simple as a sort order. I really don't want to have to swipe through a ton of pages each time to get to the last page (aka smallest file). It might not seem like a big deal but I read a lot of fan fiction and not having it sorted from smallest to largest will be a real pain.

If this version of firmware can't do it, is there a similar firmware that I can downgrade to that will have this sort function but not be terribly slow?
Sxygrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 12:56 AM   #4
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
As was suggested, just swipe the other direction!
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 07:00 PM   #5
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sxygrrl View Post
If this version of firmware can't do it, is there a similar firmware that I can downgrade to that will have this sort function but not be terribly slow?
What Geoff and Peter said! And this has never been a function in any firmware version that I can remember so downgrading won't help.
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert