Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-11-2009, 10:35 PM   #1
Martinus
Martinus began at the beginning.

Device: Sony prsT-1, Kindle 4NT
Question New prs 600, but missing things from prs 505

Hi,

I just got my prs 600, and so far it works great.

However, I'm missing some things that my old prs 505 had, but I can't seem to find them on the prs 600. Thanks to you guys I have already found the bookmark, but for instance, how do go to the end of a book? That is one simple button on the prs 505.

The little booklet that came with the prs 600 can hardly be called a manual. I went to Sony e support to download the real manual, but then they asked me for a password. Anybody know that password or where I can get the 'real' manual?
Thanks.
Martinus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 11:07 PM   #2
benham
Guru
benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, PRS-505 (BLUE)
I've never wanted tp jump directly to the end of a book before. How do you bookmark?
benham is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-11-2009, 11:13 PM   #3
MSJim
Bookworm
MSJim began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-600, Nook STR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinus View Post
Hi,
The little booklet that came with the prs 600 can hardly be called a manual. I went to Sony e support to download the real manual, but then they asked me for a password. Anybody know that password or where I can get the 'real' manual?
You have the User's Guide on your reader. It is in a ZIP file (PRS600_UG.zip) under the Documents folder that can be seen when the Reader is connected to a PC. You can also download it from the Sony site using this link without needing a password.

Last edited by MSJim; 11-11-2009 at 11:15 PM.
MSJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 11:21 PM   #4
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by benham View Post
I've never wanted tp jump directly to the end of a book before. How do you bookmark?
Tap the top right corner... this will book mark that page.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 02:49 AM   #5
ArcticBoy
hooked on books
ArcticBoy doesn't litterArcticBoy doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-600
To jump to the end of a book - press the Options button, choose Go to Page, and drag the ruler all the way to the end. [or tap the right end of the line]
I have to admit though this is not as quick as a single button click.

ArcticBoy
ArcticBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-12-2009, 05:05 AM   #6
ebooker
Banned
ebooker exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverebooker exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverebooker exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverebooker exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverebooker exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverebooker exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverebooker exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverebooker exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverebooker exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverebooker exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverebooker exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: sony prs-650!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcticBoy View Post
To jump to the end of a book - press the Options button, choose Go to Page, and drag the ruler all the way to the end. [or tap the right end of the line]
I have to admit though this is not as quick as a single button click.

ArcticBoy
you can get to 'go to page' by tapping directly on the page numbers on the bottom of the screen (bottom center)
ebooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 10:27 AM   #7
kenmark
Addict
kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebooker View Post
you can get to 'go to page' by tapping directly on the page numbers on the bottom of the screen (bottom center)
Exactly. You can get to end of page with 2 taps. Tap page number at bottom of screen and tap the right end of the page slider.
kenmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 10:29 AM   #8
kenmark
Addict
kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Tap the top right corner... this will book mark that page.

BOb
Just a minor correction; it takes a double tap in top right corner to create bookmark.
kenmark is offline   Reply With Quote