Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-01-2022, 08:38 PM   #1
runbing
runbing began at the beginning.

Device: PW4
What does CDEtype stand for?

I know the ‘CDEtype’ is a record of MOBI file EXTH header, but I confused by the abbreviation ‘CDE’, what exactly are these three letters short for?
runbing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2022, 08:52 PM   #2
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
I've never heard anything definitive as to the meaning behind EXTH 501's name, but I've always assumed it was some sort of abbreviation for Content DElivery Type: PDOC, EBOK, or EBSP.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-02-2022, 07:45 AM   #3
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
I also do not know the true answer. My best guess is Common Data Entity.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mobi