Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 04-15-2011, 11:37 AM   #1
lmk
lmk began at the beginning.

Device: none
calibre>csv>book crawler?

Hi,
Does anyone know if it's possible to use Calibre to create a csv catalog that can then be sent into Book Crawler? I've tried multiple ways and also tried to find info here in the forum and the Calibre user guide, but I'm not finding anything. If any one has had success or can point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate the help! Thanks
lmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 11:49 AM   #2
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Click the dropdown arrow on the conversion button in the main toolbar and select "create catalog". That allows you to create a CSV catalog of your library/selection. Have you tried importing that?
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-15-2011, 12:26 PM   #3
lmk

hi, thanks,
I am able to create a csv catalog using Calibre, but I can't get Book Crawler to recognize the file (says it not a valid file type). My library is large and I'd like to be able to use book crawler as a way to keep all my titles/authors on my ipod.
Old 04-16-2011, 12:09 AM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmk View Post
I am able to create a csv catalog using Calibre, but I can't get Book Crawler to recognize the file (says it not a valid file type). My library is large and I'd like to be able to use book crawler as a way to keep all my titles/authors on my ipod.
First make sure you have Book Crawler 3.2 that came out on April 8th. This fixed a big csv import problem.

Creating a ePub catalog will accomplish the same thing. But if you want to use Book Crawler contact them and ask for help. If Book Crawler makes it easy to move calibre book info to their App they will have access to a million plus user base.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 07:20 PM   #5
lmk

Thank you Manichean and dwanthny for your suggestions. I've actually been (also) trying to get help from the people at book crawler (too slow in responding). So, I tried uploading my csv file into Good Reads, just for kicks, and it worked very nicely. I guess I'll be putting book crawler on a shelf - a high, dusty, and rarely used shelf, because that's where all the dud apps go. Thanks!
Advert